Let's all contribute in buying Rachel a laptop

best3444

2 minutes ago, Rev said:

I recommend staying away from the Yoga. I had one and the touch screen stopped working on it within the first couple months. Lenovo wouldn't do anything for me. They offered to repair it but I checked online forums and a ton of people who repaired laptops ended up with far more issues than they started with so I just dealt with it. Recently I bought the HP Spectre x360 and absolutely love it so much more than the Yoga.

My wife has had an i7 Yoga for ~4yr without an issue. I don't see others built like hers tho. The hinge seems cheaper on the website/modern versions.

2 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

My wife has had an i7 Yoga for ~4yr without an issue. I don't see others built like hers tho. The hinge seems cheaper on the website/modern versions.

The overall design of the Yoga was really good. It's sturdy and hasn't gotten loose or anything. No physical problems. The touch screen just went out for no reason. It seems to be a software issue, but there's no fix. There were a ton of threads full of what seemed like thousands of users with the same problem. Lenovo reps came into the threads and recommended standard trouble shooting fixes but none worked and they eventually just started ignoring and locking threads about the issue. Still no fix and it's been a few years.

39 minutes ago, Rev said:

The overall design of the Yoga was really good. It's sturdy and hasn't gotten loose or anything. No physical problems. The touch screen just went out for no reason. It seems to be a software issue, but there's no fix. There were a ton of threads full of what seemed like thousands of users with the same problem. Lenovo reps came into the threads and recommended standard trouble shooting fixes but none worked and they eventually just started ignoring and locking threads about the issue. Still no fix and it's been a few years.

Ridiculous. She never updates it, maybe that's why it works. 

15 hours ago, Rachel said:

I've only been using it 10 minutes and there's already so many huge fucking improvements from my old one. Like the size, it's sleeker and more lightweight. It just looks beautiful and you can tell it's made out of quality material and not the shitty old plastic from my old laptop.

The screen quality... holy shit! It has a beautiful fucking picture. I am in love. What an upgrade!

The mouse/trackpad works so much better. I didn't even realize my old one was fucky until I started using this one now lol. What an improvement.

Also it's great to know that the screen isn't gonna not work 75% of the time, and that it won't keep giving me random weird hardware error codes and that my hard drive isn't gonna fall out of the slot randomly anymore. I can actually dive into working from home now fully thank GOD. 

Oh and it's touchscreen! How fun. 

Thank you all for this beautiful hunk of technology. I will treat it really well. What a life improvement dear lord.

That's fuckin awesome. Glad it turn out really nice.

4 minutes ago, Rachel said:

The screen on this thing is soooo much fucking better. Both working and playing is 100000% better. I can't get over how wonderful this laptop is.

I tried to go on my other laptop to get a file off of it and it wouldn't even turn on, which is normal for that piece of junk lol. So glad I have a computer now that is actually gonna turn on when I fucking need it to.

5000u might actually emulate Wiiu well. You could try playing Paper Mario Paper Splash on it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...