Let's all contribute in buying Rachel a laptop

best3444

5 hours ago, Rachel said:

Thank you everyone for helping me with this. I appreciate it SO much. This helps me immensely. I can’t explain how grateful I am. I am going to start narrowing down which one to get over the weekend. 

I'm really happy this got accomplished. Let us know what you buy then when you get a chance!

13 hours ago, Rachel said:

Hmm idk it has plastic casing on the bottom. I’m wanting to avoid plastic if I can because I’m convinced that is what played a role in my last laptop crapping out so fast

Having a plastic chassis wouldn't cause a premature death, the problem is the laptop industry itself building unreliable hardware now because it's easier to get away with these days.  For big consumer brands, Lenovo is going to be your most reliable.  For smaller brands, Framework and Clevo (Goes under names such as Sager, Xotic PC) will be the most dependable.  Brands to avoid are Acer and HP as they're abysmal for reliability.

8 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I’m sure people trying to maintain sobriety appreciate jokes about breaking their sobriety. Good job man. 

R E L A X 

If a post by some dumbass like me on a message board is enough to break someone's sobriety, then they never had a chance anyway.

4 hours ago, Rachel said:

yeah still looking I have a few ideas but I prob won’t buy until after Christmas cause I won’t have time to get it until then.

Ok, cool. I guess you're not in a big rush since you can hook your current laptop to the TV. I wish you luck in finding the ideal laptop for your needs. 

Has this finished already? I wanted to help, saw this a little late though!! Hope you get a nice laptop, if it's still raising Laptop money I'll do $25. I would suggest you spend at least 500 to get a really decent one, but I understand if that just is not possible too...

3 minutes ago, HardAct said:

Has this finished already? I wanted to help, saw this a little late though!! Hope you get a nice laptop, if it's still raising Laptop money I'll do $25. I would suggest you spend at least 500 to get a really decent one, but I understand if that just is not possible too...

Yes it over. She bought cocaine laced with fentanyl and black tar heroin. But thanks anyway. 

27 minutes ago, HardAct said:

No, it's not over. You can contribute through the links on the first page. Thank you!

Nice! I'm looking at getting maybe a Lenovo Yoga, Microsoft Surface or iPad Pro soon, not sure which will be my best solution. I want something very portable where I can mainly use for personal finance, some web dev stuff, but also do some emails/slack/notes/feedback for work away from my desk. I want a lot of battery life so.. I'm not sure where I'm going yet. I'm thinking the iPad pro with keyboard but I'm afraid of Apple products. 

Just now, SuperSpreader said:

Nice! I'm looking at getting maybe a Lenovo Yoga, Microsoft Surface or iPad Pro soon, not sure which will be my best solution. I want something very portable where I can mainly use for personal finance, but also do some emails/slack/notes/feedback for work away from my desk. I want a lot of battery life so.. I'm not sure where I'm going yet. I'm thinking the iPad pro with keyboard but I'm afraid of Apple products. 

I recommend staying away from the Yoga. I had one and the touch screen stopped working on it within the first couple months. Lenovo wouldn't do anything for me. They offered to repair it but I checked online forums and a ton of people who repaired laptops ended up with far more issues than they started with so I just dealt with it. Recently I bought the HP Spectre x360 and absolutely love it so much more than the Yoga.