CNN fires Chris Cuomo, update: firing may have been due to sexual misconduct allegation

He use to work for ABC News and maybe he’ll head back that way. He was better off getting caught playing with his dick on camera then helping his dick brother 

CNN even brought back Jeffrey Tobin after that. Sad to see him go because Smerconish is taking over his slot for now and he’s like dry toast too me. 

1 hour ago, stepee said:

I seriously doubt fox cares, they will just move on to complaining about whoever replaces him. What a fucking idiot though that he thought that would work out for him lol.

Fox is obsessed with him. They constantly make him their big lead story. This scandal gives them a giant boner.

They usually drag out a Cuomo story when they run out of the usual chum or have to distract from someone on their team doing something.

I've always found Cuomo annoying. I can only watch him for a few minutes before I can't take it anymore.

image.jpg?ve=1&tl=1
WWW.FOXNEWS.COM

Joey Jones and his fellow "Big Saturday Show" co-hosts reacted to the news of Chris Cuomo's dismissal from CNN on Saturday.

Here's a big story over there about how some of the hosts on one of their shows think this whole Cuomo thing is a pretty big deal.

I mean, what a scoop!

106468606-1585669734772gettyimages-11408
WWW.CNBC.COM

CNN said it fired Cuomo after "new information" came to light during a review of how he helped his brother respond to sexual harassment allegations.

A sexual misconduct allegation led to the firing of CNN primetime anchor Chris Cuomo, attorney Debra Katz said Sunday.

Katz said her client, whom she declined to name, came forward after Cuomo made comments on-air relating to caring about sexual harassment issues and following the revelation that he helped his brother, former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, respond to sexual harassment allegations.

“Hearing the hypocrisy of Chris Cuomo’s on-air words and disgusted by his efforts to try to discredit these women, my client retained counsel to report his serious sexual misconduct against her to CNN,” Katz said in a statement.

She reported the allegations to CNN, she said, and offered to provide “documentary evidence” of her allegations.

• Shocked 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to CNN fires Chris Cuomo, update: firing may have been due to sexual misconduct allegation
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

What the HELL did I just watch? We are really living in sketch comedy show.

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

...huh?

The woman is Fiona Apple and I think he expects to wind up in court with CNN so I assume he thinks this would somehow favor him in court?

ap21334853085841_wide-3bfdda62fff3083ef3
WWW.NPR.ORG

The former CNN anchor was fired last year for violating CNN's journalistic standards when he helped his brother, ex-New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, navigate the sexual harassment allegations against him.

So here's a piece of his suit which deals with Chris Cuomo interviewing his own brother:

Cuomo's lawyer, Bryan Freedman, argues that CNN changed its ethics and standards practices to boost ratings during the start of the pandemic. The standards practices were a "moving target" based on what benefitted network executives, the filing says.

For example, in 2013, CNN said Chris Cuomo could not interview family members, including his brother. But in March 2020, when then-Gov. Andrew Cuomo gained traction for his COVID-19 briefings and handling of the pandemic, he started appearing on Chris Cuomo's CNN show. The governor was interviewed by his brother nine times.

The filing says that both Cuomo and Gov. Cuomo "expressed reservations" about the interviews. But Zucker and Gollust insisted the interviews continue because they boosted the network's ratings.