The official thread of SCOTUS cementing the US as a theocractic fascist state.

While our guns laws are inadequate to say the very least, it isn’t as though no gun laws are allowed. We have many, even in states like Texas.

For example, I think Skillz asked if restrictions on taking firearms into businesses is permissible, and yes, they are. TX in the last few years expanded concealed and open carry laws and created a system of notice (a particular sign, usually referred to as 30.06 and 30.07 signage) that a business must place next to the public entry doors to the establishment if guns are not allowed on site.

25 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

While our guns laws are inadequate to say the very least, it isn’t as though no gun laws are allowed. We have many, even in states like Texas.

For example, I think Skillz asked if restrictions on taking firearms into businesses is permissible, and yes, they are. TX in the last few years expanded concealed and open carry laws and created a system of notice (a particular sign, usually referred to as 30.06 and 30.07 signage) that a business must place next to the public entry doors to the establishment if guns are not allowed on site.

30.06 signs also carry force of law on their own from what I understand.  Not only can a person be kicked out for trespassing, they can be prosecuted for violating the 30.06 ordinance.  In many states all law enforcement can do is ask you to leave because the business doesn't allow guns.  That's the way it is in Nevada. 

1 minute ago, mclumber1 said:

30.06 signs also carry force of law on their own from what I understand.  Not only can a person be kicked out for trespassing, they can be prosecuted for violating the 30.06 ordinance.  In many states all law enforcement can do is ask you to leave because the business doesn't allow guns.  That's the way it is in Nevada. 

Correct, it’s a separate offense to violate the 30.06/.07 signage so long as they are properly formatted (which isn’t difficult, a million places to get cheap compliant signs).

7 hours ago, CayceG said:

No one should ever talk to the police, ever. 

THIS!

Seriously, so many idiots think cops are just doing their job and wouldn't screw THEM over. Say nothing. I learned at 19 that the cops aren't on your side. Long story, but fuck them, they don't care if you aren't guilty, only that you don't have an alibi. 

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

One more thing

This is… not a good take. Voter turnout in America is terrible across the board, it’s just slightly less so for Republicans to an extent that impacts things. I don’t think that is just a semantic nitpick; Democrats have won almost every national popular election in my lifetime. At some point it becomes reasonable for Sisyphus to complain about pushing the rock up the hill, especially when Zeus is right there and could do something.

And not for nothing but Manchin and Sinema are like… right there. Democrats DID show up.

15 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

This is… not a good take. Voter turnout in America is terrible across the board, it’s just slightly less so for Republicans to an extent that impacts things. I don’t think that is just a semantic nitpick; Democrats have won almost every national popular election in my lifetime. At some point it becomes reasonable for Sisyphus to complain about pushing the rock up the hill, especially when Zeus is right there and could do something.

And not for nothing but Manchin and Sinema are like… right there. Democrats DID show up.

Plus, 

• True 1

24 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

And yet the solution if not voting for not shit democrats is what

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

And yet the solution if not voting for not shit democrats is what

More than one thing can be true. More Democrats should vote more often than they do, it’s also completely reasonable to be exhausted by shit candidates and shit elected representatives.

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

The worst democrat is better than the best Republican and voting isn’t difficult (but can be very time consuming) but effort should be put in safe blue districts to push out the old guard and put better people in who fit the districts

Well yes of course, we all wish we could manifest, conjure, or vote for better candidates.

But VOTE MORE, DEMS rings particularly hollow when the there’s a Democratic POTUS and house, and the Democrats control the Senate, and shit like this happens. 

6 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Well yes of course, we all wish we could manifest, conjure, or vote for better candidates.

But VOTE MORE, DEMS rings particularly hollow when the there’s a Democratic POTUS and house, and the Democrats control the Senate, and shit like this happens. 

Seems more like a failure of set expectations and also being like 100k votes short of a 52-48 majority because of 2014&2016

36 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Ya I don't blame people for not voting. At the end of the day most politicians offer improving your life in some way. We are at a point now where most people are falling behind now. It's understandable to lose interest in electoral politics. 

Also technically the vote harder is a losing strategy. Go time is now, fast approaching, or behind us at this point. Asking people to vote harder so maybe in 20 years we can turn this around is a losing strategy. The US might not even exist as is in 20 years.

The people who are saying they aren’t going to bother voting aren’t doing so because they’ve waited in 8 hour long lines, they are people who simply don’t care enough to actually do anything about what they claim matters to them. The people who care are still waiting in 8 hour lines because they understand what is on the line for them.