Jump to content

The official thread of SCOTUS cementing the US as a theocractic fascist state.


Recommended Posts

It's looking more and more like they're going to overturn Roe v Wade this time or soon after. Republicans have been vying for this for decades, and they've now set the stage for how it can actually happen. After this, they'll start going after quite a few civil liberties, because, well, that's just something they do, almost as if they don't have a choice, and most definitely don't care about who they burn along the way.

  • Guillotine 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

So once Roe gets overturned, do we think the GOP is going to be able to keep using abortion to fire up its base?

 

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

the next boogyman works just as well as abortion, or failing that: "the radical socialists want to legalize CHILD MURDER"

 

With the machine the right-wing has built in the USA, they could have 41% of the population frothing over Froot Loops removing artificial dye in under two months.

 

"These Liberals want to take away the fun in cereal!"

"Before we had a black president, we had good cereals!"

"If they take away colourful cereal in the home, it makes it easier for pedophiles to lure kids into vans and pizza places with candy!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

 

 

With the machine the right-wing has built in the USA, they could have 41% of the population frothing over Froot Loops removing artificial dye in under two months.

 

"These Liberals want to take away the fun in cereal!"

"Before we had a black president, we had good cereals!"

"If they take away colourful cereal in the home, it makes it easier for pedophiles to lure kids into vans and pizza places with candy!"

"Its my right to poison myself!" they cry as they shut down poison control centers across the country

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

 

 

With the machine the right-wing has built in the USA, they could have 41% of the population frothing over Froot Loops removing artificial dye in under two months.

 

 

Don't touch my Froot Loops.

 

Don't touch my freeeeeeedoms!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The thing I don't get about conservatives is that they spend all of their time screaming at the top of their lungs about how persecuted they are, and how this nation is trending towards socialism, but for at least the last 20 years they have won on almost every big cultural issue. With the current composition of the SC, they're going to continue winning for years to come. In 3 years, when Trump wins a 2nd term, you'll have Thomas retire and Breyer leave the court as well. The court will go like 7-2 full conservative, that plus the redistricting they get to do because they own Statehouse majorities means they get the whole damn ballgame. 

 

I've never been happier to live in California and I say this after just having opened up an email about homes for sale that showed me an $700k home in a not so desirable neighborhood.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Chollowa said:

The thing I don't get about conservatives is that they spend all of their time screaming at the top of their lungs about how persecuted they are, and how this nation is trending towards socialism, but for at least the last 20 years they have won on almost every big cultural issue. With the current composition of the SC, they're going to continue winning for years to come. In 3 years, when Trump wins a 2nd term, you'll have Thomas retire and Breyer leave the court as well. The court will go like 7-2 full conservative, that plus the redistricting they get to do because they own Statehouse majorities means they get the whole damn ballgame. 

 

I've never been happier to live in California and I say this after just having opened up an email about homes for sale that showed me an $700k home in a not so desirable neighborhood.  

 

America was founded on a victim complex, and it's survived for the entire time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

 

Bad law anyways.  Congress needs to address this problem.  

Any time the words "forcing a woman to" begins at the start of a sentence, you're advocating for something that should never have become law. But America has never been about being concerned with a woman's perspective. And I suspect, we never will be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, brucoe said:

Any time the words "forcing a woman to" begins at the start of a sentence, you're advocating for something that should never have become law. But America has never been about being concerned with a woman's perspective. And I suspect, we never will be.

 

But Justice Handmaiden is a woman, this isn't just men telling women what to do with their bodies!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Jason changed the title to The official thread of SCOTUS cementing the US as a theocractic fascist state.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...