Should I be a total POS and upgrade from the 77” OLED to the 83” OLED?

15 minutes ago, Joe said:

The Real Cinema mode works pretty well in this regard. Deblur and dejudder I set to 0 to prevent soap opera effect. Honestly it’s not that bad I’m just being a baby.

I guess my question is this something you are noticing now or something you have read particular issues with oled in comparison to qled/led/microled?

31 minutes ago, stepee said:

I guess my question is this something you are noticing now or something you have read particular issues with oled in comparison to qled/led/microled?

I noticed it for sure and then saw online that OLED’s refreshing so fast are what make it more noticeable. Apparently LEDs don’t have this issue because they suck at refreshing and also their natural blurring makes it less noticeable. Apparently MicroLED’s won’t have this issue but I think we are a ways away from those.

• Thanks 1

It's like going over to my mom's house. She has one of those old entertainment center that is wide enough to house a 4:3 CRT but not widescreen TV. I gave her my old TV and said you should get rid of the entertainment center. Instead she just put it on the top of it so it's almost near the ceiling, really annoying to watch.

She said she paid a lot for the entertainment center so that's why she kept it but yeah it looks bad man.

9 hours ago, Jason said:

The TV should be at least, like, three times bigger than that, for that setup.

And lower to the ground! I fucking loath TVs mounted entirely above eye level. For a bed-viewed TV, there is argument for being a little higher because you'll look up when you are on it, but that one is practically to the moon!

I'm having the worst luck with the C1.  Returned two of them, and now I'm back to a plasma until I decide what to do next.  Both of the C1's I received had some pretty drastic color shift when viewing off axis.  Due to the layout of my apartment, I cannot sit dead center when viewing a TV, so OLED made sense due to its off axis viewing, but it's not exactly fun to watch when half of your screen is yellow (first one) or blue (second one).  My parents ancient 1080p OLED set does not have this issue nor did the ones I viewed at Best Buy.  I did notice over at AVS that this does seem to be an issue with the C1 this year, but not all sets are affected.

On 12/4/2021 at 4:25 PM, Rachel said:

VAGICK

Weird, now almost 2 weeks with our 83" lgc1 I can not see what you mean on mine. It's just spectacular and I'm known to send tvs back for having even the slight issue.

This tv is amazing sitting in front of course, but also from anywhere in the livingroom and even far off to right in out family room it fantastic at a pretty good angle.

Sorry man, I really am. Glad I have the warrenty through the total tech program, I'm just gonna use it how I want and see what happens....

We came close to getting the lgc1 77" for our home theater project, but even the wife said "go big of go home" on this one. We wanted that wow factor and the 83" lgc1 oled does not disappoint, go fir it if you can, it's an amazing size! Coming from a 65" nu8000 we know we made a wise choice on this purchase!

PICTURES HERE

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

We just joined the OLED club. Got a 65” LG. Gonna test it out tonight, so I’m kinda excited. 

We couldn’t really think of what to get each other for Christmas, so we just decided to go half and half on this. 

Phenomenal TV. Congrats!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

We just joined the OLED club. Got a 65” LG. Gonna test it out tonight, so I’m kinda excited. 

We couldn’t really think of what to get each other for Christmas, so we just decided to go half and half on this. 

I’ve got the 55” because I sit real close to it when I game. But you are going to love the OLED. Enjoy your holidays!

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I’ve got the 55” because I sit real close to it when I game. But you are going to love the OLED. Enjoy your holidays!

We went from a 55” in the game room. This thing looks huge. Moved the old 4K to the living room where it replaced the old 55” 1080p, which is being given to his parents. 

Good deal all around. 

• Like 3

This is too funny. I was about to make a similar thread, asking if I should upgrade my 32'' crt to a 36'' plasma that I saw on Marketplace for 40 bucks.

I don't like to brag, but my Cardano went up almost 2% today, so I have almost 73 dollars extra to spend.

• Like 1

Haven't even turned on a game yet on the 65" LGCX in the game room since I got the 83" LGC1 in the home theater....lol That and It has the Series X hooked to it!! I love the gaming menu that pops up when you have a game on, showing VRR, 120htz, etc love it so much but i eventually have to have this all in the game room, the wife will want her screen time too...lol