Should I be a total POS and upgrade from the 77” OLED to the 83” OLED?

The wife wants to move our living room LCD TV to the kids play room/school room. She then said she wants a new OLED TV for the living room. I have the 77” CX in my bedroom, and could get a decent deal on the 83” C1, so I could move the 77” CX into the living room.

Should I be a terrible person and pull the trigger on the 83”?

4 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

The wife wants to move our living room LCD TV to the kids play room/school room. She then said she wants a new OLED TV for the living room. I have the 77” CX in my bedroom, and could get a decent deal on the 83” C1, so I could move the 77” CX into the living room.

Should I be a terrible person and pull the trigger on the 83”?

as one of the few here that can you would be doing all of us a disservice if you didnt.

1 minute ago, Rachel said:

you pay to live in one

Idk I feel like I have it pretty pretty pretty good here. I mean, I can drink the tap water if I needed to, can't do that in third world countries. But due to the USA and their DOD I live like a king anymore and only drink the finest bottled water Poland Springs has to offer. 

26 minutes ago, Rachel said:

International vacation isn’t *that* bougie tbh. Mexico is affordable. 

You know, that’s fair. 

Hey @sblfilms forget the Amalfi Coast or whatever bullshit you were planning. Do like my family did when I was 10 and spend like 3 hours on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Joe said:

@sblfilms Basically motion is weird on OLEDs. I also hear it’s more noticeable on huge ass TVs like the 77 inch I just got lol. You don’t see it with games as Keyser mentioned but it stands out on regular 24fps TV content.

I think you are noticing what 24fps content actually looks like :p 

4 hours ago, stepee said:

Do oled tvs for some reason not have options for 24fps content for judder reduction compared to other tvs? Seems more like a system feature thing in how it would handle that which wouldn’t relate to the display panel per se vs any other kind.

The Real Cinema mode works pretty well in this regard. Deblur and dejudder I set to 0 to prevent soap opera effect. Honestly it’s not that bad I’m just being a baby.

• True 1