BIG BANG THEORY TO END MAY 2019

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

Except you’re incorrect, HIMYM is wonderful show with good writing and memorable characters. I’ll go out on a limb and say you probably never gave the show a chance. :p 

First and foremost, I'm just being an asshat.

But, I did watch enough to have an opinion.  Just hate that formulaic trash.  Bias is too strong.

2 minutes ago, Captain Pickle said:

First and foremost, I'm just being an asshat.

But, I did watch enough to have an opinion.  Just hate that formulaic trash.  Bias is too strong.

It wasn’t really formulaic and advanced the “friends-style” sitcom quite a bit, it did things differently, that’s why it was good and worked. I generally hate sitcoms so it took awhile (I think 4th or 5th season) before I even gave it a chance and started watching it, now it’s probably in my top 10 shows along with Seinfeld. 

The inevitability of this show putting more female stars in the line up and doing entire shows based around them is what made it jump the shark 8 seasons ago. All the loser men got paired off when the premise was amusing enough as them being social outcasts who had no clue how the world worked outside of their video games and comic books.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I hate Big Bang Theory but I always find this a little unfair given that the timing of the dialogue would be different if they weren't accounting for a laugh track.

Sure the timing would be different, but not the content.  

3 hours ago, Captain Pickle said:

was it though

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Yes.

Except that ending.

How I Met Your Mother (a show I loved watching as it came out) is, in retrospect, as bad as Friends is in retrospect (which is to say, they're okay). The broad humor/comedy and obviously and overtly silly romantic and comedic scenarios are more stupid than funny as humor has evolved over time. Some stuff is still fantastic, but the show has absolutely aged poorly and the last few seasons were terrible even when they came out. 

Seinfeld remains excellent but the laugh track is, indeed, cringe-worthy. It was tough to get through HIMYM the first time as it came out with a laugh track, going back now was awful. The show has high points but, at least in my opinion, the show is . . . pretty just okay. The fucking terrible finale sours the entire thing, to some degree. 

I love Golden Girls, How I Met Your Mother, and Friends. I guess I am a cheap date in just enjoying sitcoms without analyzing them.

I also don't hate Big Bang as it is so fashionable to do. Nor do I hate the introduction of the girls in the series as a lot of people did. But even with that said, I think cancelling is a good call. The show went on a season or two too long as it is.

27 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

HIMYM ruined the entire series with that shitty series finale.

It was pretty bad.

I would say I like to pretend that the alternate ending they eventually released is the real ending, but it's hard to ignore the original. I wouldn't say it ruins the whole series, though.

2 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

It was pretty bad.

I would say I like to pretend that the alternate ending they eventually released is the real ending, but it's hard to ignore the original. I wouldn't say it ruins the whole series, though.

*Fans released

And it was within like 6-hours :p