RIP in Peace, Vox - our former board member has joined the New York Times

14 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

😂 I don’t really know where this notion came from. I’m never bored, I just have times where I am able to engage in discussion for longer periods. Like today, I got up early to get all my Friday work done getting the theaters prepped from the weekend, so I had a lazy afternoon. Just picked up my stupid Mac Studio from the Apple store and will be setting her up shortly.

This just literally sounds like you’re bored!

12 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Not a pass, it’s literally the point. Stop letting bad actors redefine language for you! I think about this often in the context of my businesses. When we set the standard for behavior from the moment people pull into the parking lot to the moment they pull out of the parking lot, we shape the behavior of our guests. If we leave it to the ruffians to set the standard, everybody behaves worse.

When you just throw your hands up and say “it’s not happening!” you have lost the language battle.

😂 I don’t really know where this notion came from. I’m never bored, I just have times where I am able to engage in discussion for longer periods. Like today, I got up early to get all my Friday work done getting the theaters prepped from the weekend, so I had a lazy afternoon. Just picked up my stupid Mac Studio from the Apple store and will be setting her up shortly.

The “real” crt isn’t happening, but the made up crt that the right is in a frenzy about (anything remotely “racial” or isn’t the third grade whitewashed American history they remember) is real because it’s whatever they want it to be. That’s the point! And it’s worth continually repeating that. 

5 minutes ago, stepee said:

Trying to reclaim words by agreeing with and thus bolstering misinformed rhetoric sounds like some real pie in the sky stuff to me idk.

I wouldn't even bother trying to do that.

The position should be, "Yes, I am cancelling you and you should just be grateful that I'm not in a position to do even worse to you."

• True 1

3 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Like there is zero difference between these sentences:

”I know it’s not pc, but Black people are x”

”I’m going to get cancelled for this, but Black people are x”

I'd argue there's an implicit understanding of how much power you give people who disagree with you here and thus how full of shit you know you are. 

• True 1

If free speech is an arena, then conservatives are losing because their ideas are stupid and not popular. Rather than change their ideas, they complain about how unfair it all is and work the refs. And it’s working! The media is so afraid of being accused of bias that they refuse to call a lie a lie. Conservatives approach everything they do in bad faith, but boneheads at the New York Times give them credence because if they call them out for it, then oh no they did a big bias and the right-wing media (which only exists as a sinecure paid for by billionaires) will call them out for it. 

• True 3

Really obvious that what this is all actually about is NYT staffers who wouldn't use Twitter if the job didn't require it getting pissed that some guy named @xxWeedMan420xx can just pop up on Twitter at any time and tell them to eat shit. I'm not sure what else "you're allowed to criticize us, but only if it's 'nuanced'" is supposed to mean.

16 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

Really obvious that what this is all actually about is NYT staffers who wouldn't use Twitter if the job didn't require it getting pissed that some guy named @xxWeedMan420xx can just pop up on Twitter at any time and tell them to eat shit. I'm not sure what else "you're allowed to criticize us, but only if it's 'nuanced'" is supposed to mean.

Remember when Sarah Huckabee-Sanders told Maggie Haberman to jump because Michelle Wolf wasn't nice to SHS at the WHCA dinner and Maggie asked how high? And then got INCREDIBLY indignant about being called out on it?

These NYT reporters can go fuck themselves with a rusty fork.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...