Update: Mission Accomplished!

Commissar SFLUFAN

I've tried to do Schmilk, now called Super Body Fuel, a couple of times. I've never stuck with it longer than a month.

The taste never impressed me as much as people raved about it online. The texture was grainy?

Its edible, just not great. I'd drink it while at work to keep myself from snacking on junk food.

I just eat when I'm hungry. Lately I've been hungry when I wake up. Sometimes I wait and eat later. The last few days I've been eating right before bed and right when I wake up, which is probably not advisable, but that's just when my body has been telling me to eat.

Then again I've never been an anxious eater or eat when I'm bored or whatever, and I certainly don't eat for the sake of eating. And I fucking hate feeling full. I'd rather stub my toe every 5 minutes than feel the aftereffects of eating too much food. That's why Thanksgiving sucks.

54 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I just eat when I'm hungry. Lately I've been hungry when I wake up. Sometimes I wait and eat later. The last few days I've been eating right before bed and right when I wake up, which is probably not advisable, but that's just when my body has been telling me to eat.

Then again I've never been an anxious eater or eat when I'm bored or whatever, and I certainly don't eat for the sake of eating. And I fucking hate feeling full. I'd rather stub my toe every 5 minutes than feel the aftereffects of eating too much food. That's why Thanksgiving sucks.

Seriously people make eating way more complicated than it needs to be. Listen to your body. Eat when you’re hungry. Stop when you’re full. Notice what foods make you feel good and what makes you feel less good. Your body and your internal cues tell you everything you need to know. 

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Is this a Soylent competitor? I used Soylent powder back in the day for shakes (as a meal replacement for lunch), and it worked pretty well. Usually mixed in a scoop of peanut butter and a banana. 

I believe that it's more exercise/physical fitness-focused than Soylent.

I’ve thought about possibly going this route as I never am hungry in the morning and often end up eating fast food at lunch as I’m driving around doing work at the various theaters. My cholesterol was a little high at my most recent doctor’s appointment and that is almost surely do to my fast food lunch habit.

After about a week on this plan, these are my observations:

- The worst part is the insomnia (trouble falling asleep, waking up at around 2am or 3am and having trouble falling back asleep), but despite this, I really have no lack of energy during the working day or at the gym.

- The increased mental sharpness and clarity is DEFINITELY a real thing!  

- My overall appetite has been cut pretty sharply to the point where when I was taking Inuk out for his morning walk, I actually felt a bit nauseous when I caught the scent of someone cooking their breakfast.

- There have already been some physical changes - my pants are fitting a bit looser and I can tighten my belt one more notch, and someone remarked that they could notice that my face looked leaner.

So far, so good!

Edit: oh, the fluctuations in body temperature do take some getting used to - YOU'RE BURNING UP!  NOW YOU'RE FREEZING!  YOU'RE BURNING AGAIN!

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

After about a week on this plan, these are my observations:

- The worst part is the insomnia (trouble falling asleep, waking up at around 2am or 3am and having trouble falling back asleep), but despite this, I really have no lack of energy during the working day or at the gym.

- The increased mental sharpness and clarity is DEFINITELY a real thing!  

- My overall appetite has been cut pretty sharply to the point where when I was taking Inuk out for his morning walk, I actually felt a bit nauseous when I caught the scent of someone cooking their breakfast.

- There have already been some physical changes - my pants are fitting a bit looser and I can tighten my belt one more notch, and someone remarked that they could notice that my face looked leaner.

So far, so good!

Edit: oh, the fluctuations in body temperature do take some getting used to - YOU'RE BURNING UP!  NOW YOU'RE FREEZING!  YOU'RE BURNING AGAIN!

wtf is this. I can’t believe people think they have to do this to themselves wow. I mean I believe it because I lived similar things for years but geeze it’s just sad. YOU DESERVE FREEDOM MY DUDE. Following plans like this is actually worse for your health both physical and mental. 

Just now, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I'm outright saying that there's a substantive difference between what I'm doing and an "eating disorder".

Not necessarily. They can absolutely exist at the same time. They can be separate too. 

I don’t know what the case is for you but I would argue that this type of meal plan is almost always “disordered eating” even without an underlying eating disorder too. Just like how binge drinking once a year is still alcohol abuse but not necessarily alcoholism.

Anyway just to make it clear I don’t blame you or anyone else who feels like they have to do this to themselves. I’m sure you think you are doing what is best for your health just like most people are when they embark on this type of thing. I do wish you true health and happiness and from now on I’m gonna stay out of this triggering af thread lol. 

I don't think cologne is canceled per se (I still wear it when I'm going out for a social event), but I think there's greater sensitivity to the fact that it can fuck up people with allergies, so wearing it in certain contexts (the office, airplanes, etc.) where people can't necessarily escape it is a bit uncouth.

• Thanks 1