Vaccination status of actress Letitia Wright may cause "logistical challenges" for filming of Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

6 hours ago, Komusha said:

Exactly. Casting and consistency are two main ingredients for Marvel’s success. They know this, which is why they’ll do whatever they can to avoid recasting.

For example, when Gwyneth Paltrow was briefly no longer interested in making more Marvel movies they wrote around her character as opposed to replacing her upright. Jane Fonda is someone else that they could find a much cheaper replacement for if they wanted to. I’m sure they had to cut a really good deal with Portman to have her return because she was definitely disinterested in returning for a while there. And what did they do when she wasn’t interested in returning? They simply didn’t put her character in the movies. I’m sure it was expensive as hell to bring back Robert Redford in Endgame for just one scene.

At this point we have more examples of Marvel avoiding recasting than we do of the opposite. The recasting so far has been the exception and not the rule.

I don't disagree with any of this. The only point I'm making is this...

Gweneth Paltrow

Robert Redford

Jane Fonda (Who isn't in the MCU and I think it's Michelle Pfifer your talking about)

Natalie Portman

Leititia Wright

One of these names is not like the others ( not talking about Race) I'll give you one guess which one.  You keep naming movie stars vs actors and as someone pointed out earlier, we've already had several instances of Marvel replacing lesser known actors in secondary roles. Letitia Wright is NOT a movie star like the other actors you've named. And Redford's deal with Marvel to be in Civil War more than likely included some option for him to appear in future Marvel movies but we don't know the minutia of those contracts so I won't speak on what it may or may not have cost. I doubt if he was on set for more than a day or two. This will be the last point I make on this because we are talking past each other at this point. We'll see what happens. One thing I DO know is that there WILL be a Black Panther 2 and more than likely there will be a character named Shuri in it. Whether or not that's Letitia Wright remains to be seen.

38 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I don't disagree with any of this. The only point I'm making is this...

Gweneth Paltrow

Robert Redford

Jane Fonda (Who isn't in the MCU and I think it's Michelle Pfifer your talking about)

Natalie Portman

Leititia Wright

One of these names is not like the others ( not talking about Race) I'll give you one guess which one.  You keep naming movie stars vs actors and as someone pointed out earlier, we've already had several instances of Marvel replacing lesser known actors in secondary roles. Letitia Wright is NOT a movie star like the other actors you've named. And Redford's deal with Marvel to be in Civil War more than likely included some option for him to appear in future Marvel movies but we don't know the minutia of those contracts so I won't speak on what it may or may not have cost. I doubt if he was on set for more than a day or two. This will be the last point I make on this because we are talking past each other at this point. We'll see what happens. One thing I DO know is that there WILL be a Black Panther 2 and more than likely there will be a character named Shuri in it. Whether or not that's Letitia Wright remains to be seen.

That’s fine tbh I’m just not sure why you’re choosing to respond to only me when Brick is making the same points I am lol. Like I said I think we agree more than we disagree. My original point was so banal I’m just surprised someone would disagree with it passionately enough to respond with such lengthy responses. :p

This is from today.

Leticia-Wright-black-panther.jpg?quality
NYPOST.COM

However, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige previously said that the "iconic" character would never be recast in the sequel.

This is the most important bit in this article though.

Wright has denied the anti-vaxxer allegations in a now-deleted Instagram post, and production is slated to resume in January 2022, with the “Mangrove” actress on board.

5 hours ago, Komusha said:

It's odd it took them this long to address the "rumors". I wouldn't be surprised if she initially didn't have the vaccine but was eventually convinced by the studio.

It does seem likely that there was disagreement that was eventually resolved. It does seem like something Marvel would have denied, even if through back channels at Variety/Hollywood Reporter.

She'd excuse it as it doesn't matter as God is looking out for her, and only He matters. She's one of those crazy Christians. It's part of why her and Chris Pratt got along so well on the set of Endgame. At least Pratt knows to keep his mouth shut about whatever beliefs he has. 

• 4 weeks later...

This movie is obviously cursed

f12aad310dc6457025160d75b7d6ddf5
NEWS.YAHOO.COM

Production on the highly anticipated “Black Panther” sequel has been halted again after leading cast member Lupita Nyong’o tested positive for a...

23 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:
black-panther.jpg?w=1024
DEADLINE.COM

Marvel's 'Black Panther: Wakanda Forever' Resumes Production In Georgia With Star Letitia Wright

So obviously they're continuing with her on this movie to salvage the production, but do you think she gets the boot after this movie given her shenanigans?

On 12/14/2021 at 12:15 AM, Brick said:

She'd excuse it as it doesn't matter as God is looking out for her, and only He matters. She's one of those crazy Christians. It's part of why her and Chris Pratt got along so well on the set of Endgame. At least Pratt knows to keep his mouth shut about whatever beliefs he has. 

I mean, everyone who has worked with Pratt says he's one of the nicest people in the world. Its the public who makes up nonsense about him, basically because he's a Christian. 

Jesus, people attacked him like he was a monster because he he made a post thanking his wife for a beautiful, healthy son, trying to turn it into a sleight against his ex. 

Fandoms are gone crazy. They are toxic. Its why I don't interact with social media in any way anymore (well, i guess this forum and dakkadakka are technically SM). The constant moralizing and attacking people for no reason is absurd.

On 12/11/2021 at 8:59 PM, Komusha said:

Okay, so what about Captain America? Why not recast him? Will they recast Thor? I know to comic fans like you and Feige these characters are bigger than that but to the public at large the performance of the actors who play them is their understanding of the character. It wouldn’t be easy to recast and I think Feige know this. You may not see it this way, but this is how the public views these characters.

I mean, ya, Cap is easy to recast. So is Thor. Will the internet be upset for a day? Sure, but the internet is always in a rage. The vast majority will be absolutely fine with a recast. 

Iron Man and Cap will almost definitely be recast. When Hemsworth decides he's done, he will be too. These characters are iconic. They are far more than just the actors who play them.

2 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

everyone who has worked with Pratt says he's one of the nicest people in the world

I didn't say otherwise. He is a very devout Christian and so is Wright, so of course they got along well. Wright, however, doesn't seem to know when to keep her mouth shut, and it's likely going to cost her jobs. 

31 minutes ago, Brick said:

I didn't say otherwise. He is a very devout Christian and so is Wright, so of course they got along well. Wright, however, doesn't seem to know when to keep get mouth shut, and it's likely going to cost her jobs. 

Ya, she seems like a piece of work.

I misunderstood, i thought you were saying they get along because they are terrible people, which is the narrative on sm about Pratt.

You don't need to recast Black Panther. There's are enough people that have taken on the name to dig from. That said, if you really wanted to recast how about grabbing someone from South Africa since Bozeman was sporting the accent? I'm thinking the lead from Netflix's first South African series, Pallance Dladla.

All the talk about recasting T'Challa (which apparently isn't happening) but what occurred to me the other day is how exactly anyone is going to be the new BP considering Killmonger had all the flowers burned. I'm sure they can easily write around that but I'm curious how they'll handle it.

16 minutes ago, NeoJoe said:

All the talk about recasting T'Challa (which apparently isn't happening) but what occurred to me the other day is how exactly anyone is going to be the new BP considering Killmonger had all the flowers burned. I'm sure they can easily write around that but I'm curious how they'll handle it.

They're just flowers growing on top a vein of vibranium. They could literally just say they had a few seeds tucked away in cold storage.