Vaccination status of actress Letitia Wright may cause "logistical challenges" for filming of Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

2021_38rep_page5-vaccine-webMAIN.jpg?w=1
WWW.HOLLYWOODREPORTER.COM

As the federal government pushes employers to act, producers are increasingly enforcing the requirements: “Nobody wants an Aaron Rodgers situation."

Logistical challenges await for studios that are working with stars who haven’t gotten the shot. Disney’s Black Panther: Wakanda Forever star Letitia Wright — who portrays the lead Shuri, the sister of Black Panther T’Challa (the late Chadwick Boseman) — is not vaccinated, sources say. After sustaining an on-set injury in August, the Guyanese-born British actress went home to London.

Now, a return to the U.S. for a possible shoot in Atlanta, where Wakanda Forever is based, could be an issue. On Nov. 8, the CDC implemented rules that require all non-immigrant, non-citizen air travelers to the U.S. be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination status before boarding a plane. Wright is not a U.S. citizen. Disney declined to comment.

Dummy.

10 minutes ago, Captain Pickle said:

She probably didn’t know you can’t travel to the US and she didn’t feel the need to discuss any potential issues that may arise in a multi million dollar project.  I’m sure Disney didn’t specify the need to be vaccinated as well.

:|

Depending on how long ago she went back she wouldn't have even known about the changes that were coming when this happened. But this was known for a while before it went into effect, she could have come back on Sunday.

14 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

I thought she got fired for all the anti gay shit she said last year or whatever. Or maybe it was anti-trans. I can't remember at this point, but she pissed a lot of people off.

It was a bunch of COVID conspiracy stuff, but I think one of those conspiracy videos she shared had some anti-trans stuff in it. She took that one down, so it seems her stupidity here is very much in the COVIDiot camp.

• 4 weeks later...
00181310.jpg
WWW.ACESHOWBIZ.COM

The Shuri of Marvel Cinematic Universe has reportedly chosen to give up her role in the blockbuster superhero franchise because of Covid-19 vaccine mandate.

It's so weird to me that she's willing to throw it all away because of her refusal to get vaccinated. Opportunities like this rarely come twice in a lifetime.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Komusha said:

Apparently M'Baku (Winston Duke) is gonna be the new Black Panther, or that's the rumor at least.

I'd be sort of surprised if they don't at least give it to a different female character after it already supposed to go to a female character. 

Not seeing any news of this in any of the trades... could be true but something this big would at least be rumored on some of the bigger sites. Also i doubt if Winston Duke will ne the next Black Panther... if anything it would be Michael B. Jordan but who knows. He was already going to be in the sequel anyway and is clearly still involved with Marvel with all of his voice over work. Whatever the case, she's probably done after this movie. Not sure how she walks away from a film that is already in production without being sued into oblivion. Shame that this franchise is getting fucked from within. First Boseman's death and now this. Recast Shuri and be done with it. It wouldn't be the first time... Terrance Howard was in the first Iron man movie and was replaced by Don Cheadle and nobody batted an eyelash. do the same thing here.

4 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Not seeing any news of this in any of the trades... could be true but something this big would at least be rumored on some of the bigger sites. Also i doubt if Winston Duke will ne the next Black Panther... if anything it would be Michael B. Jordan but who knows. He was already going to be in the sequel anyway and is clearly still involved with Marvel with all of his voice over work. Whatever the case, she's probably done after this movie. Not sure how she walks away from a film that is already in production without being sued into oblivion. Shame that this franchise is getting fucked from within. First Boseman's death and now this. Recast Shuri and be done with it. It wouldn't be the first time... Terrance Howard was in the first Iron man movie and was replaced by Don Cheadle and nobody batted an eyelash. do the same thing here.

I batted an eyelash. Though I'd say in general that I like Don Cheadle more, I liked Howard more in that role. I would've loved to see him in the suit.

Also, if this is all true, Disney will never work with her again, and maintaining a healthy relationship with Disney is pretty goddamn important in show business these days.

Imagine being an actor and willingly blacklisting yourself from the largest movie/show producer on the planet. Over a shot.

The Terence Howard stuff I understand. There were a lot of egos involved and it was legit contract shit. Edward Norton I also get because he's a diva and wants creative control over everything Edward Norton does, plus he's already very well established, so it's not like he needed the MCU contract (the MCU wasn't even a thing yet when they filmed the incredible hulk).

But, like... A vaccination is going to make you throw away millions of dollars and blacklist yourself from Disney? Fucking unreal.

Plus, I wouldn't say that Norton or Howard are necessarily blacklisted from Disney. I haven't checked their filmography to see if they've done anything with Disney since then, and I remember the Terrence Howard stuff getting particularly ugly, but it's not like they halted a multi-hundred million dollar movie in the middle of production.

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

There's also the Edward Norton Hulk movie that everyone promptly forgot about.

Still, this is nuts to me. Throwing away an MCU contract over a fucking flu shot (assuming it's all true)

yeah i know she got big paydays with the mcu stuff but seems dumb to throw away their future paydays. she doesn’t have that many credits to her name and there are plenty of black actresses who will be willing to get/are vaccinated. but of course, she’s dumb as fuck for not getting the vaccine. 

at least kyrie irving’s dumb decision leaves him fine financially since he has tens of millions made already