Jump to content

Inflation sucks bruh


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

Every single problem in our society was either created by Reagan or made worse by him. The worst president America has ever had.

I would hesitate to say "worst ever" when Andrew Jackson, James Buchanan, and Andrew Johnson exist, but he's definitely down there in terms of basically no redeeming qualities. Even Woodrow Wilson had some good ideas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

I would hesitate to say "worst ever" when Andrew Jackson, James Buchanan, and Andrew Johnson exist, but he's definitely down there in terms of basically no redeeming qualities. Even Woodrow Wilson had some good ideas.

I will allow Andrew Johnson.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

I will allow Andrew Johnson.

I would put Andrew Jackson right up with Ronald Reagan in terms of kneecapping the American economy for decades to come. Plus Jackson made it a personal mission to make sure that there were no more natives east of the Appalachians. Like at least Ronald Reagan never actively encouraged genocide, even though he arguably did more lasting damage to the economy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Fizzzzle said:

I would put Andrew Jackson right up with Ronald Reagan in terms of kneecapping the American economy for decades to come. Plus Jackson made it a personal mission to make sure that there were no more natives east of the Appalachians. Like at least Ronald Reagan never actively encouraged genocide, even though he arguably did more lasting damage to the economy.

His response to AIDS (or lack there of) because it was percieved as a gay disease was genocide in spirit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

His response to AIDS (or lack there of) because it was percieved as a gay disease was genocide in spirit. 

Sure, but I'm not going to equate the Trail of Tears to "don't worry about it, it's a gay disease." One requires active agency, the other only requires willful ignorance. And Andrew Jackson was nothing if not an active agent in every single thing he did.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Sure, but I'm not going to equate the Trail of Tears to "don't worry about it, it's a gay disease." One requires active agency, the other only requires willful ignorance. And Andrew Jackson was nothing if not an active agent in every single thing he did.

Its interesting cause Jackson is still ranked 22 on the presidential rankings pretty much smack dab in the middle and one below H.W. 

I think Jackson was a monster but as far as damage to the US itself i'd argue Reagan was worse. The economic policies and union busting which are still popular in the GOP today have created such a wealth gap that it is destablizing our country.

 

I'd argue that the rage and resentment that white working class Americans have which led to Trump and the insanity in the current GOP was primarily caused by Reagan.

 

Of course racism played a major role but the loss of power of the white working class can be directly traced to Reagan. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

Its interesting cause Jackson is still ranked 22 on the presidential rankings pretty much smack dab in the middle and one below H.W. 

I think Jackson was a monster but as far as damage to the US itself i'd argue Reagan was worse. The economic policies and union busting which are still popular in the GOP today have created such a wealth gap that it is destablizing our country.

 

I'd argue that the rage and resentment that white working class Americans have which led to Trump and the insanity in the current GOP was primarily caused by Reagan.

 

Of course racism played a major role but the loss of power of the white working class can be directly traced to Reagan. 

Personally, I think it's only because pre-guilded age Presidents aren't really ranked in terms of economic policy. Probably because it's hard to compare economics 200 years ago to economics today. Jackson's crusade against the National Bank frankly kneecapped the economy for a long time. Not that I'm saying the model of the national bank that existed at the time should still exist today, but Jackson basically made it his mission to dismantle everything Alexander Hamilton ever built, and he succeeded.

 

Andrew Jackson is rightfully remembered for things like the Trail of Tears, but he set a very damaging economic policy that mostly stayed in tact for like... 60 years?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Basically, Andrew Jackson is one of the few presidents where I can not think of a single thing he did that was a net positive. Not one thing. That puts him in rarified company in the "anti-Mount Rushmore" with Reagan, A. Johnson, and Buchanan. Every single other president has at least one redeeming quality. Even Wilson, who I unequivocally hate with every fiber of my being. Maybe Harding is also in that company, but he wasn't president for long enough to do that much damage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trump should definately be included on that list.  

 

IMO Trump, Buchanan and Andrew Johnson are the 3 worst presidents by far. Before the pandemic I had it

 

1) Johnson

2) Buchanan

3) Trump

 

After I have it

 

1) Johnson

2) Trump

3) Buchanan

 

I have Johnson number 1 all time because the damage he caused with Reconstruction put us on the path that we are on today. 



I think what Buchanan did was worse at the time than Johnson but the lasting damage Johnson caused is what puts him over the top for me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I generally have A. Johnson/Buchanan as 1a/1b in terms of worst. Trump is one that we'll have to see over time. Generally it takes like at least 10 years for the full effect of an administration to take effect.

Generally but Trumps damage is pretty immediate.


Trump could have saved hundreds of thousands of lives just by saying "Be a patriot wear a mask". The entire conservative anti mask anti vax stance stems from Trumps initial response of "COVID is just the flu" it will go away by April. Hell he even thought COVID was a good thing because it was ravaging blue states at the beginning and thus could be used for his advantage. His pandemic response alone deserves a bottom 3.

 

Not to mention his handling of the 2020 George Floyd protests/riots (busting peaceful protestors to hold up a bible), his very real attempt to destroy democracy by overturning an election he lost. His leadership in the Jan 6 insurrection. Not to mention using his postion for grifting and extorting foreign leaders. His installing of 3 justices which will probably overturn Roe v Wade and do untold damage that will last decades.

Trump has done so much that it is hard to keep track of it all. I forgot completely about the Helsinki summit and his response to Charlottesville. His market manipulation through Twitter. It just goes on and on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Basically, Andrew Jackson is one of the few presidents where I can not think of a single thing he did that was a net positive. Not one thing. That puts him in rarified company in the "anti-Mount Rushmore" with Reagan, A. Johnson, and Buchanan. Every single other president has at least one redeeming quality. Even Wilson, who I unequivocally hate with every fiber of my being. Maybe Harding is also in that company, but he wasn't president for long enough to do that much damage.

 

Counterpoint...

 

Writing-Prompt-Andrew-Jackson-and-Cherok
NATIVEVIEWPOINT.COM

Georgia school assigns 4th graders a letter to President Andrew Jackson on how Cherokee removal helped the United States grow and prosper

 

  • Guillotine 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Ouchie!

 

107013751-1644514230442-gettyimages-1238
WWW.CNBC.COM

Workers have seen their hourly pay jump at about the fastest clip in 15 years. But high annual inflation has eaten into those raises.

 

Quote

 

High inflation overshadowed a big increase in wages over the past year, amounting to a nearly 2% smaller paycheck for the average worker, according to federal data published Thursday.

 

Employers have raised wages at about the fastest rate in 15 years, as they compete for talent amid record job openings and quit levels. But consumer prices for goods and services are rising at their fastest annual pace in four decades, eroding those gains for many Americans.

 

As a result, “real” hourly wages (earnings minus inflation) fell by 1.7%, to $11.22 from $11.41, in the 12 months through January 2022, the U.S. Department of Labor said Thursday.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is no doubt that the price of the chocolate milk I get will end up being an entire dollar more compared to mid-2021. There were a few weeks were it would raise in price in multiples of cents every week. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Bacon said:

There is no doubt that the price of the chocolate milk I get will end up being an entire dollar more compared to mid-2021. There were a few weeks were it would raise in price in multiples of cents every week. 

 

You buy chocolate milk multiple times a week?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

There is no doubt that the price of the chocolate milk I get will end up being an entire dollar more compared to mid-2021. There were a few weeks were it would raise in price in multiples of cents every week. 

This your family?

image.jpg?id=28070694&width=1200&coordin
WWW.INDY100.COM

Inflation in the cost of daily essentials and severe constraints on the supply chain have impacted many Americans’ pockets.For one family in Kennedale, Texas, who buys 12 gallons of milk a...

 

  • UpDoot 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you guys have low (lower than me) reading comprehension? I said the price was raised in multiples of cents every week. I said nothing about getting multiple gallons of any kind of milk. 

 

Do you need visual aid or something? 

JWvp4Oz.png

 

And it has been like this for a while. Shit use to be like 3.3-3.8 cents per oz now it is like 4.4. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Bacon said:

That image has no meaning to me. 

 

443
 

 

About

Sickos Haha Yes refers to a reaction image taken from a Stan Kelly comic drawn for The Onion. It depicts a man in a shirt labeled "Sickos" looking in on a scene from a window while saying "Yes… Hahaha… Yes!" The frame is typically paired with news or images others might be turned off by but the poster is excited about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...