Inflation sucks bruh: JPow's Jihad

2 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

It's going to be weird over the next decade to see renewable energy prices and products come down and insulin prices come down and drug prices come down from Medicare and watch monkeys congratulate whoever the next Republican president is due to his inability to understand cause and effect.

Cause and effect is easy in the worldview of EGM. 

Biden is bad therefore all the bad things are because of him. 

liberal-caucus-retreat-20220912.JPG
WWW.CBC.CA

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced his government’s latest efforts to help Canadians struggling with the rising cost of living as part of its agreement with the New Democrats to secure parliamentary support for the governing Liberals until 2025. 

Canada boosting the housing benefit for low-income people with a one-time payment of $500 to assist with rental increases, and also boosting the GST rebate (in Canada if you make below $X you get a rebate quarterly for the estimated sales taxes you've paid, in order to make the sales tax less regressive).

3 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

Ever gonna address the actual sex trafficking ring you pos? 

anyway, this news definitely hurt my portfolio today but… buying opportunity bitches. Especially since I just paid off the renovations on the house. This entire check is going directly into my brokerage.

Normally I’d be happy for the buying opportunities of the last month, but I want to liquidate part of my SPY position and was eyeing $420 as the price to sell part of it at since I need to raise a little cash to close on some land in 45ish days.

But yeah, stocks have been on sale Fam, go get some deals

5 minutes ago, rc0101 said:
AgEXQXFfT1FqWjlHU09PSGw0NFFpRzkwMFEAMA
STOCKS.APPLE.COM

The Federal Reserve concluded its two-day meeting Wednesday, with markets widely expecting a 0.75 percentage point interest rate increase.

I'll say it again, they're going to cause an inflation spiral because this is going to push would-be homebuyers into the rental market and suppress new housing starts, which will spike inflation further because of the resulting increase in housing costs, which will cause the Feds to raise rates again, which...

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I'll say it again, they're going to cause an inflation spiral because this is going to push would-be homebuyers into the rental market and suppress new housing starts, which will spike inflation further because of the resulting increase in housing costs, which will cause the Feds to raise rates again, which...

Correction through market/demand destruction 

Yeah, I think this will probably bake in a near-term recession.  Especially since they’re not ruling out more hikes.

Preparatory recommendations:

-Make your peace with a Republican president in ‘24 and pray it isn’t Trump.

-If you’re investing, console yourself by finding some deals as the market falls.  

-If you’re a worker with tenuous job security…well, it was fun while it lasted, wasn’t it?

• Sad 1

On 9/21/2022 at 6:23 PM, CitizenVectron said:

1. Ban corporations from owning single-family homes

2. Ban short-term rentals

3. Reduce barriers to building high-density housing

Boom, you have more and cheaper homes.

Ahhh, yes, America is going to suddenly kill the free market...

Don't get me wrong, none of those things are bad, but also, none of it is dealing in reality. Pie in the sky solutions don't help anything. Real, workable solutions are required.

On 9/23/2022 at 7:14 AM, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Yeah, I think this will probably bake in a near-term recession.  Especially since they’re not ruling out more hikes.

Preparatory recommendations:

-Make your peace with a Republican president in ‘24 and pray it isn’t Trump.

-If you’re investing, console yourself by finding some deals as the market falls.  

-If you’re a worker with tenuous job security…well, it was fun while it lasted, wasn’t it?

- Molotov Powell's house

- Threaten Brandon until he nationalizes the oil industry

- Physically expropriate every AirBnB in the country and have them occupied by low income people

• 2 weeks later...

As I've said previously, the Fed's anti-inflation campaign effectively borders on the realm of being a crusade/jihad, if not already being there.

106947682-1632749548631-gettyimages-1235
WWW.CNBC.COM

Chicago Fed President Charles Evans said the central bank is holding fast in its commitment to bring down inflation.

“Ultimately, inflation is the most important thing to get under control. That’s job-one,” Evans said during a live “Squawk on the Street” interview. “Price stability sets the stage for stronger growth in the future.”

“If unemployment goes up, that’s unfortunate. If it goes up a lot, that’s really very difficult,” Evans said. “But price stability makes the future better.”

• Guillotine 1

“Ultimately, inflation is the most important thing to get under control. That’s job-one,” Evans said during a live “Squawk on the Street” interview. “Price stability sets the stage for stronger growth in the future.”

Isn't this completely inaccurate to what the Fed's job is supposed to be in writing? Isn't the idea that they have a dual mandate of controlling inflation and keeping unemployment low, and they're supposed to be equally weighted? aka neither one is "job-one"?

6 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

Isn't this completely inaccurate to what the Fed's job is supposed to be in writing? Isn't the idea that they have a dual mandate of controlling inflation and keeping unemployment low, and they're supposed to be equally weighted? aka neither one is "job-one"?

That's correct...theoretically. 

52 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

They read their “dual mandate” as “duel, mandate”

• True 1
  • Halal 1

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The price of oil is practically plunging today due to Chinese demand concerns and renewed US dollar strength.

West Texas Intermediate Crude and Brent North Sea Crude are both down nearly 5%.

Time to buy some more energy stocks then.

49 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The price of oil is practically plunging today due to Chinese demand concerns and renewed US dollar strength.

West Texas Intermediate Crude and Brent North Sea Crude are both down nearly 5%.

Ahhhh - I see:

social
WWW.WSJ.COM

Raising oil production would partially reverse the group’s contested decision to cut supplies in October

Saudi Arabia and other OPEC oil producers are discussing an output increase, the group’s delegates said, a move that could help heal a rift with the Biden administration and keep energy flowing amid new attempts to blunt Russia’s oil industry over the Ukraine war.

A production increase of up to 500,000 barrels a day is now under discussion for OPEC+’s Dec. 4 meeting, delegates said. The move would come a day before the European Union is set to impose an embargo on Russian oil and the Group of Seven wealthy nations’ plans to launch a price cap on Russian crude sales, potentially taking Moscow’s petroleum supplies off the market. 

Any output increase would mark a partial reversal of a controversial decision last month to cut production by 2 million barrels a day at the most recent meeting of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries and their Russia-led allies, a group known collectively as OPEC+. 

9 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Ahhhh - I see:

social
WWW.WSJ.COM

Raising oil production would partially reverse the group’s contested decision to cut supplies in October

9 hours ago, Jason said:

"Okay we'll play nice now that fucking you on the midterms didn't work."

Or not?

AZQRF2LCVBNYVOLCVV3DP3W3EA.jpg
WWW.REUTERS.COM

Saudi Arabia said OPEC+ was sticking with cuts and could take further measures to balance the market amid falling prices, denying a report it was considering boosting output, according to state news agency SPA.

Saudi Arabia on Monday said that OPEC+ was sticking with oil output cuts and could take further measures to balance the market amid falling prices, denying a report it was considering boosting output, according to state news agency SPA.

The Wall Street Journal earlier on Monday reported an output increase of 500,000 barrels per day was under discussion for the next meeting of OPEC and its allies, known as OPEC+, on Dec. 4. The report cited unidentified OPEC delegates.

"It is well-known that OPEC+ does not discuss any decisions ahead of the meeting," Saudi Arabian Energy Minister Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman was quoted by state news agency SPA as saying, referring to the group's next meeting in December.

Prince Abdulaziz was also quoted as saying OPEC+ was ready to reduce output further if needed.

"The current cut of 2 million barrels per day by OPEC+ continues until the end of 2023 and if there is need to take further measures by reducing production to balance supply and demand we always remain ready to intervene," he said.

• 1 month later...

Inflation slows some more.

It still is strange to me that high inflation is a sign of an economy firing on all cylinders, less hiring is good news to control inflation, and a lowering unemployment rate means bad news for people because money. As valuable as GDP is to measure the economy, I’ve thought more and more since the great recession that we need a better way to measure the economy.

EICGHYY7DHZK4Z6BIATPRYTDFA.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Federal Reserve officials, households and businesses alike are eager for signs that inflation will continue to recede in 2023.

On 1/12/2023 at 8:07 AM, SaysWho? said:

As valuable as GDP is to measure the economy, I’ve thought more and more since the great recession that we need a better way to measure the economy.

GDP is a good measure of size, but it is not great at explaining the “health” of the economy. 

That Avian Flu outbreak impacting egg prices?

It's not impacting egg prices. All that shit is gouging by producers. 

image-163.jpg
STRAIGHTARROWNEWS.COM

For some, there's nothing left to do but crack up over the price of eggs (if you're not crying in the grocery aisle).

eggs-g9f8e91a4b_1280.jpg
THEBAYNET.COM

WASHINGTON — In response to record-high egg prices and just before testifying at an open meeting of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), today Farm Action sent a letter urging the FTC “to promptly open […]

• Guillotine 1
  • Shocked 1

Well, my company who has largely been recession proof up until this point, is no longer. Thankfully my position isn't being impacted, but my manager called me this morning and said a number of people on our team are losing their job, apart of a broader round of layoffs.

• Sad 1