The Surge 2 - Information Thread, update - reviews from OpenCritic posted

Commissar SFLUFAN

I actually really like The Surge and am looking forward to this sequel but this simple forest setting they've exclusively shown so far looks really lame. On the other hand, the combat looks great and like an evolution of the already cool unique ideas they came up with in the original so...fuck it.

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Maybe they are trying to keep the other areas unspoiled 

I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt because I think The Surge is actually a great game so I hope so. Those statues and the whole forest/overgrown setting is like they're veering the wrong way back towards Souls. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Surge 2 Gamescom 2019 Hands-on Preview – Needs Immediate Surgery (Wccftech)

It’s tough to demo a game to someone in less than an hour, but The Surge 2 was the worst demo I dealt with at Gamescom 2019, by far, and I can guarantee you that my interest in the series is lower now than it ever has been before.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, it should be pointed out that the article in question is about playing a DEMO on a game floor, and includes this paragraph as well:

"Let’s be clear. My poor experience with The Surge 2’s early game is clearly because I didn’t understand the game that well, and should players wish to indulge and play up to 80 hours to properly understand the mechanics at work, then you might have a much better experience."

So this is a GREAT example of a shock value article, and its a shame because most won't read the whole thing. Years to build games, moments to tear those efforts down. What a world. 

It's really not that hard to demo a game to someone in an hour. This guy just sounds like a fucking idiot.

I mean, the game might suck (I liked the Surge 1 but am hoping for some improvements here, not necessarily to combat, which was fine, but the world and enemy variety) but the reasoning on display here is pathetic.

1 hour ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Guys, it should be pointed out that the article in question is about playing a DEMO on a game floor, and includes this paragraph as well:

"Let’s be clear. My poor experience with The Surge 2’s early game is clearly because I didn’t understand the game that well, and should players wish to indulge and play up to 80 hours to properly understand the mechanics at work, then you might have a much better experience."

So this is a GREAT example of a shock value article, and its a shame because most won't read the whole thing. Years to build games, moments to tear those efforts down. What a world. 

Like I said, mad because bad. The author must also think people are too stupid to realize that just because the person showing him how to play has 80+ hours of experience, doesn't mean that is the amount required to learn the mechanics. Reading the article was a huge waste of time. 

In fact, @SFLUFAN I want my time back. :frustrated:

• Haha 1

That article is amazing. Bashing a game for having mechanics that must be learned, cool story.

Brst part is explaining how there are no weak spots on the boss, being shown there are and then hating on it for it being stupid because one must discover said weak spot.

"I hate this movie man, it actually wants me to look at the screen fuck that!"