Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SFLUFAN

General Gaming The Surge 2 - Information Thread, update - "Launch" trailer

Recommended Posts

I actually really like The Surge and am looking forward to this sequel but this simple forest setting they've exclusively shown so far looks really lame. On the other hand, the combat looks great and like an evolution of the already cool unique ideas they came up with in the original so...fuck it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

When is this coming out, because I still have the first game sitting on my hard drive unplayed.

"2019"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2018 at 12:53 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

When is this coming out, because I still have the first game sitting on my hard drive unplayed.

September 23 :p

 

Also, some new PC gameplay footage from a few weeks ago:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first game is on the list to have a go at over the summer. It's one of those situations where all the reviews are overall positive, but I can't see it looks that inspiring to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still baffled they keep showing off that forest setting over and over. Are they trying to make the sequel more of a Souls rip? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bloodporne said:

Still baffled they keep showing off that forest setting over and over. Are they trying to make the sequel more of a Souls rip? 

Maybe they are trying to keep the other areas unspoiled 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Maybe they are trying to keep the other areas unspoiled 

I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt because I think The Surge is actually a great game so I hope so. Those statues and the whole forest/overgrown setting is like they're veering the wrong way back towards Souls. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to see they're implementing Dark Souls style online messages.

I hope I don't hate the final boss this time. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Surge 2 Gamescom 2019 Hands-on Preview – Needs Immediate Surgery (Wccftech)

Quote

It’s tough to demo a game to someone in less than an hour, but The Surge 2 was the worst demo I dealt with at Gamescom 2019, by far, and I can guarantee you that my interest in the series is lower now than it ever has been before.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, it should be pointed out that the article in question is about playing a DEMO on a game floor, and includes this paragraph as well:

 

"Let’s be clear. My poor experience with The Surge 2’s early game is clearly because I didn’t understand the game that well, and should players wish to indulge and play up to 80 hours to properly understand the mechanics at work, then you might have a much better experience."

 

So this is a GREAT example of a shock value article, and its a shame because most won't read the whole thing. Years to build games, moments to tear those efforts down. What a world. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's really not that hard to demo a game to someone in an hour. This guy just sounds like a fucking idiot.

 

I mean, the game might suck (I liked the Surge 1 but am hoping for some improvements here, not necessarily to combat, which was fine, but the world and enemy variety) but the reasoning on display here is pathetic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Guys, it should be pointed out that the article in question is about playing a DEMO on a game floor, and includes this paragraph as well:

 

"Let’s be clear. My poor experience with The Surge 2’s early game is clearly because I didn’t understand the game that well, and should players wish to indulge and play up to 80 hours to properly understand the mechanics at work, then you might have a much better experience."

 

So this is a GREAT example of a shock value article, and its a shame because most won't read the whole thing. Years to build games, moments to tear those efforts down. What a world. 

 

 Like I said, mad because bad. The author must also think people are too stupid to realize that just because the person showing him how to play has 80+ hours of experience, doesn't mean that is the amount required to learn the mechanics. Reading the article was a huge waste of time. 

 

In fact, @SFLUFAN I want my time back. :frustrated:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That article is amazing. Bashing a game for having mechanics that must be learned, cool story.

 

Brst part is explaining how there are no weak spots on the boss, being shown there are and then hating on it for it being stupid because one must discover said weak spot.

 

"I hate this movie man, it actually wants me to look at the screen fuck that!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...