Facebook is rebranding to Meta

48 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

This one is an elephant, color has nothing to do with it. Find two matching areas (like a black dot) and cross your eyes until they overlap, hold it. I can see it on my phone. 

cdc2d8887bb9d0495f4c13f23543d117--eye-il

Crossing your eyes to view a magic eye will cause the 3D image to be inverted. This is also the only way it works for me. I can't see magic eyes any way other than inverted.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

There's absolutely no way I would have seen this unaided and I still can't see it just looking at the original.

image.png

I didn't even know what it was because I checked it out before reading @SuperSpreader's post and I spotted the elephant right away...inverted, but still saw it right away. The crossed eye technique is pretty instant for me. I just slowly cross my eyes until something comes into focus.

• True 1

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

I didn't even know what it was because I checked it out before reading @SuperSpreader's post and I spotted the elephant right away...inverted, but still saw it right away. The crossed eye technique is pretty instant for me. I just slowly cross my eyes until something comes into focus.

That's how I was taught to see them by Nintendo Power, what's the non-inverted way? The images always sink in and have depth, they never project out. 

7 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

That's how I was taught to see them by Nintendo Power, what's the non-inverted way? The images always sink in and have depth, they never project out. 

Ha! I think we learned with the exact same issue.

You're supposed to look past the image and focus on a point beyond it. At the right focal length, the image begins to pop outwards, rather than sink into the page. It's never worked right for me because my eyes don't really focus in a normal way. Crossing my eyes allows me to see the image perfectly, even if it is inverted.

how-do-magic-eye-pictures-work1_5.jpg?it
WWW.MENTALFLOSS.COM

This has been bothering some people for decades.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Ha! I think we learned with the exact same issue.

You're supposed to look past the image and focus on a point beyond it. At the right focal length, the image begins to pop outwards, rather than sink into the page. It's never worked right for me because my eyes don't really focus in a normal way. Crossing my eyes allows me to see the image perfectly, even if it is inverted.

how-do-magic-eye-pictures-work1_5.jpg?it
WWW.MENTALFLOSS.COM

This has been bothering some people for decades.

Haha nice!! They had like 4 images. I think one was donkey kong. 

I was able to see it in that article image. You just look past instead of close. 

24 minutes ago, Subzwari1987 said:

Those magic eye images reminds me of the 3DS screen. Like looking through a window at a 3D area

The 3DS 3D effect worked fine for me, as do 3D glasses for 3D movies. It's just these stupid magic eye things that I can't see. 

23 minutes ago, Jason said:

Do you have a dominant eye? I'm very right-eye dominant.

I’m left eye dominant. My vision has always been very good but my right eye is starting to get a little fuzzy now that I’m in my 40’s. I’ll probably need glasses by the time I hit 45.

• 2 weeks later...

Facebook lost users last quarter for the first time in its history. It's down ~20% after hours 

O4VAQYUENAI6ZFI4DYGMG4R6KM.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Facebook’s growth in users — a near constant since the company created its viral social network in 2004 — is slowing. The company also shared that a tiny fraction of its revenue comes from hardware.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

Facebook lost users last quarter for the first time in its history. It's down ~20% after hours 

O4VAQYUENAI6ZFI4DYGMG4R6KM.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Facebook’s growth in users — a near constant since the company created its viral social network in 2004 — is slowing. The company also shared that a tiny fraction of...

:sickos:

• Like 1

yahoo_default_logo.png
CA.FINANCE.YAHOO.COM

Find the latest Meta Platforms, Inc. (FB) stock quote, history, news and other vital information to help you with your stock trading and investing.

Yikes, yet at the same time this might be a good time to buy for a short hold because this looks a little excessive for how much it should have fell by.

I very much dislike Meta/FB, but I think the market is overreacting here.

Their YoY numbers were still up for 2021, it was just the last three months of the year that their daily active users fell by 0.026%. I understand any failure to continue growing is bad, but they're going to remain a wildly profitable company for the foreseeable future, even if they continue to spend billions on a potentially ill fated metaverse play.

They had a net income of nearly $40 Billion last year even after spending $10B on reality labs.

I'll happily root for their downfall, but I don't think we're nearly there yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Facebook is so comically terrible at everything.

tim-cook-mark-zuckerberg.jpg
WWW.MACRUMORS.COM

Apple has responded to Meta's plan to take a nearly 50% commission for digital asset purchases made inside the metaverse after complaining about...

That's some wild bullshit. When I first saw the 17.5% floated around, I thought that was Facebook almost cutting their commission in half to try to kickstart the platform return devs. I didn't realize they were putting that 17.5% on TOP of the 30% they already take through purchases made on their platform.