Selling my RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Spork3245

Just now, Spork3245 said:

Maybe you want a second one? :kiss:

No, i mean I'm quitting my job and I probably shouldn't be dropping multiple digtits on a stupid graphics card

(graphics cards aren't stupid, I just have to tell myself that to justify why I don't have a good one)

5 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

Ha good luck. 

s-l400.jpg
WWW.EBAY.COM

Used EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 10GB GDDR6X. This card has no hash rate limiter, part number is 10G-P5-3897-KR, a picture of the part number label has been included.

:confused: Good luck with what exactly? Getting the avg selling price for it on eBay?

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

s-l400.jpg
WWW.EBAY.COM

Used EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 10GB GDDR6X. This card has no hash rate limiter, part number is 10G-P5-3897-KR, a picture of the part number label has been included.

:confused: Good luck with what exactly? Getting the avg selling price for it on eBay?

lol right? I was looking at what they sell for when I was going to upgrade to a ti and sell mine, but my evga queue email ended up in junk mail and didn’t get the ti. But yeah at times I see them around 2k, it’s insane. I think you make too much off ebay to really make it worth offering it to anyone here.

31 minutes ago, stepee said:

lol right? I was looking at what they sell for when I was going to upgrade to a ti and sell mine, but my evga queue email ended up in junk mail and didn’t get the ti. But yeah at times I see them around 2k, it’s insane. I think you make too much off ebay to really make it worth offering it to anyone here.

Yea, I'd just rather give the chance to someone here first. I feel bad asking for $1.5k, but I just really can't justify less than that with the pricing on eBay.

42 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

Ripping people off.

Depends on your definition. Selling for the market rate is, by definition, not ripping someone off. Disagreeing with factors that produce said market rate is fair game, and calling someone out for playing that game is also fair. Vive la proletariat and such, but also don't hate the player, hate the game.

We live in a fucked up world. A world that needs more chips. I don't mind people selling their GPUs at double MSRP because get it while you can, but I hope to fucking God we get a chip influx and there will be thousands of morally bankrupt shitdicks that just bought 700 GPUs which are now essentially worthless.

1 minute ago, BlueAngel said:

It is either way you look at it, unless you're buying this for msrp you're getting fucked and you're just as bad as the scalpers for selling it for double msrp.

It’s not double MSRP, please learn math. I offered it for $500+ less than what they are worth according to the market. I’m not going to sell it for less than that for multiple reasons, but a 25% reduction from the stupid high prices is beyond reasonable. If you don’t like it, find another thread.

14 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

You could help out other community members by asking maybe $50 than what you paid for it. That's pretty reasonable considering the market, but no. I don't need any discount I have a better card that I paid $100 less for than your original msrp, but what good is a community if you don't help them out. 

You realize it’s a used card that I bought with no intention of selling for these insane prices, correct? I didn’t take this card for MSRP with the intention of selling it above that and screwing someone else out of the opportunity for buying at MSRP. However, now that I am selling it, I have to go by what they’re worth.

When you sell your old car, do you sell it for what it’s worth and for what the market dictates? For the good of the community you should give your car away for free.

If you have a “better card” (you don’t), why are you even in this thread? Last I remember you had some mid-tier computer w/a Radeon gpu and couldn’t afford a base 3080 to begin with.

I put this thread up before it went on eBay, just to see if anyone wanted it: I didn’t care if someone here bought it or not, but I wanted to offer in the case of someone eyeing eBay prices and debating, and offered it for significantly cheaper than eBay or r/HardwareSwap.

Further, this card is non-LHR, which means it goes for more than typical 3080s due to its ability to mine crypto. If it were LHR, I’d be asking $900-1000 here (which is less than MSRP).

• True 1

13 hours ago, cusideabelincoln said:

I almost bit, but I don't feel comfortable dropping $1500 right before Holiday shopping when I don't *need* that performance right now.  Even though it could have paid for itself with about 8 months of mining, lol.

Can’t blame you, it’s def a lot of money. I certainly wouldn’t have bought a Ti if the 3080 wasn’t going for this much still. The 3080 Ti has got to be the worst value proposition I’ve ever seen in a GPU. At least the 3090 gives you a ton of VRAM. 

1 hour ago, Rbk_3 said:

You could have probably traded a non LHR 3080 for a brand new in box 3080ti straight up. 

I paid less for the Ti than what I got for the 3080, so that would've been a bad trade. I only got the Ti because I got a notification from EVGA and checked the 3080 pricing.