NBA/Professional Basketball OT

Pikachu

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2022 at 8:07 PM, best3444 said:

Could also argue he's like the top 3 most talented players to ever play. Kobe is in that top 3, too.

Kobe is not in any sane top 5.

Russell, Wilt, Magic, Jordan, and Kareem are better than him and I don't think there's a reasonable counter to that.

58 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Kobe is not in any sane top 5.

Russell, Wilt, Magic, Jordan, and Kareem are better than him and I don't think there's a reasonable counter to that.

I was only speaking about talent overall. Kobe may be the most skilled player to ever play. Overall, Kobe is in my top 10 as an overall player.

37 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Kobe is very obviously not the most skilled player to ever play.

Who is then?

36 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Russell, Wilt, and Kareem? lol I could take 5 really good three point shooters and beat those slow ass trees.

Russell was a pioneer and was amazing in his era. I honestly think the 3 you mentioned are in my top 5 of all time too. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2022%2F0609%2Fr1023044_
WWW.ESPN.COM

Celtics star Jaylen Brown has agreed to sign the richest deal in NBA history: a five-year, $304 million supermax contract extension.

This deal is insane. $69M in year 5?!  He ain’t even a top 15 player.  Add the fact he didn’t seem happy in Boston so I fully expect him to demand a trade within 24 months. 

• True 1

53 minutes ago, Biggie said:

He’s literally just barely above a mid player 

Yep. He got some air time in the playoffs but he wasn't impressive at all. You nailed it with:

4 hours ago, Biggie said:

They will regret the hell out of this deal for years to come.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Pikachu changed the title to NBA/Professional Basketball OT
4 hours ago, Brian said:
GettyImages-1238509067-1-1024x628.jpg
THEATHLETIC.COM

James Harden says 'Daryl Morey is a liar' while reiterating trade demand during China event.

@BasemntDweller2 lolololololol

He probably did lie.....lol who the hell is going to give him a long term deal.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that 

The video is hilarious 

5 hours ago, Brian said:
GettyImages-1238509067-1-1024x628.jpg
THEATHLETIC.COM

James Harden says 'Daryl Morey is a liar' while reiterating trade demand during China event.

@BasemntDweller2 lolololololol

I'm over this team. Gotta trade Embiid while he still has crazy value.  Maxey is the only player I keep. I really didnt watch much last season, its just the same product year in and year out 

3 minutes ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

I'm over this team. Gotta trade Embiid while he still has crazy value.  Maxey is the only player I keep. I really didnt watch much last season, its just the same product year in and year out 

Ben Simmons didn't do them any favors by fucking them over.

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Guy is getting triple doubles with a gut. He such a loser imo. Dribble Dribble Dribble Dribble step back 3 pointer. Yea...

Right? I don't understand why anyone who guards him respects that he might drive past them to the hoop. Only thing he is driving to is the strip club for some wings.

2 minutes ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

I'm in a bad place with the NBA at the moment. I can't stand players demanding where they want to play and load management b.s.  Its just not a great product imo.  They need less regular season games, add in another tournament and get rid of back to back games 

Kobe Bryant GIF

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

Ben Simmons didn't do them any favors by fucking them over.

Right? I don't understand why anyone who guards him respects that he might drive past them to the hoop. Only thing he is driving to is the strip club for some wings.

Ben is his own worst enemy. I was a big time Ben stan. Loved him, had such high hopes and he gutted me. 

38 minutes ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

:feelsgood::feelsgood::feelsgood:

As someone who watched KD, Kyrie, Harden and now Simmons destroy the team you watch, I understand. 
Friendship Hug GIF

43 minutes ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

I just always think back to the days of A.I and how he was so amazing to watch. I never missed a game even when he went to Denver.  He was another that could do no wrong in my eyes. Still to this day my personal GOAT. If I ever met the dude I'd probably cry like a bitch :lol:

I went to Philly a bunch of times to watch AI. The guy is extremely underrated and was absolutely electric to watch. He was 5'11" 165lbs and played with so much heart. His skills were incredible. 

22 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I went to Philly a bunch of times to watch AI. The guy is extremely underrated and was absolutely electric to watch. He was 5'11" 165lbs and played with so much heart. His skills were incredible. 

So the exact opposite of Ben Simmons