Peacemaker (HBO Max, 13 January 2022) - update: renewed for second season

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Peacemaker (HBO Max, 13 January 2022) - Official Teaser Trailer
  • 1 month later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Peacemaker (HBO Max, 13 January 2022) - Official Trailer
  • 1 month later...

The first 3 episodes are really good - people should definitely be watching this. Cena's acting during his fight with Flag and later with Bloodshot in the movie The Suicide Squad (Cena's facial expressions) showed me Cena's got more acting chops than we think. Blockers, Trainwreck and Vacation Friends reinforced that for me.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Do I need to finish the new Suicide Squad for this? I started it twice but never finished it for some reason.

Yes, very much so in my opinion. This is a direct sequel to that. It's a good and fun film, it's worth watching. I think this is funnier/better than that was, and I enjoyed The Suicide Squad.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Do I need to finish the new Suicide Squad for this? I started it twice but never finished it for some reason.

I'm gonna be contrarian and say that it's really not all that necessary.

Sure, there will be some references that you won't get, but they're very few and far between.

On 1/14/2022 at 6:07 AM, Komusha said:

The opening credits are an all timer.

Check out this show. It's great.

Usually, I watch the opening credits to a show once and then skip through it every time after. With Peacemaker, I watch the opening number each time and enjoy it just as much.

12 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I'm gonna be contrarian and say that it's really not all that necessary.

Sure, there will be some references that you won't get, but they're very few and far between.

Everything you really need to know is laid out in a flashback anyway. It would certainly be nice, but I'd agree that it isn't necessary.

Fourth episode was in some ways even better. Vigilante is such a fun character, and each character does have a decent amount of emotional depth in this zany corner of the DC universe. Cena really sells the rare dramatic moments and the frequent comedic ones. James Gunn has continued to grow and evolve as both a person and filmmaker. Vigilante's conversation with the Nazis in prison was classic, you could just feel Gunn letting loose on the alt-right that tried to bring his career down.

“Which one of you dumb, sister-fucking, tiki torch-carrying Sloths-from-The-Goonies-lookin’ pieces of shit wants to go next?” 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Komusha said:

This show looks like it a blast to make.

This is a thing. I've seen some people ask like "why do respectable actors ever agree to do Michael Bay movies?" Everything I've ever seen about Michael Bay productions are that they are an absolute blast to work for.

48 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

This is a thing. I've seen some people ask like "why do respectable actors ever agree to do Michael Bay movies?" Everything I've ever seen about Michael Bay productions are that they are an absolute blast to work for.

I’ve heard McKay movies are like this too. This is probably why he was able to assemble such a stacked cast for Don’t Look Up. Everyone wants to work with McKay.

Another stellar episode - nice to be able to see horrific violence wrought on humans but it's not "bad" because it's humans taken over by alien hosts who cannot be saved, which lets the action scenes get nasty, which fits with this show perfectly.

Really liking where things are heading - James Gunn has really grown as a filmmaker.