Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack OT

Pikachu

Easily the easiest decision in gaming for me in awhile. Thank you Nintendo, no that's a nope from me, not in the slightest interested! If my wife still played Animal Crossing I'd see a possibility but I tried I cant get her interested in gaming for the life of me. Yes she played Animal Crossing and seemed to like it, but shes far more content with match 3 games and merge dragons type stuff. I dont see the point, but I'm not judging.

I bought her a brand new Samsung galaxy S7 + 12 inch Oled tablet. It's the best you can buy right now has a drop  dead gorgeous screen on it "WOW" and shes really likening that playing her games on that and not on her Samsung Note 8bso much. I have the best stuff, I like knowing she does too....

MOTHER FUC$@ER I CAN RAMBLE........😫

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

I’m such an easily swayed person but…I really want to play (and finally complete) Banjo Kazooie in a way that doesn’t require my laptop. If they make a monthly package, I’ll be there…

Lord Gaben will provide a solution to that. ;)

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

They fucked up the emulation of the highest rated game of all time, I do not care what else they put out, because they clearly don't. 

They care at least a little bit since they patched the water in Zelda with the Banjo update!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok they didn’t put the Mother games on expansion pass only, that would have been lame. 

MK 8.5 secured my expansion pass renewal, I hope that’s the start and not the end of what they plan to do to expand it this year but it’s a good start. I’m actually surprised they didn’t make it expansion pass only with the way they are rolling out the courses, seems fit for a subscription mode. Almost undersells the perk with it only being $25.

Can someone explain to me in plain English how adding a Switch Lite to our household would work? We pay for one $20 a year online subscription and all of our games on the main switch are digital. Can people share the online sub?

They make this a total pain in the ass, right? You can't just share things or transfer games back and forth without jumping through ridiculous hoops? Right?

3 minutes ago, ort said:

Can someone explain to me in plain English how adding a Switch Lite to our household would work? We pay for one $20 a year online subscription and all of our games on the main switch are digital. Can people share the online sub?

They make this a total pain in the ass, right? You can't just share things or transfer games back and forth without jumping through ridiculous hoops? Right?

I think you can share switch online with up to 5 people. It's pretty easy the pay person adds the people they want into the family. I don't know how to do it exactly because I'm not the one paying for it but I'm in the family. :p

13 hours ago, ort said:

You can only sort of share games across multiple Switches. You need to attach the main Nintendo account to both Switches. The Lite then becomes an always online console since it needs to phone home to make sure the license is free. What I don't recall is if the license is per game or per account. That's how my oldest played Luigi's Mansion. I didn't buy him a copy, I just installed my copy on his Catch and let him play through it there.

Switch Online works the same way. You can also just buy into a family plan that can be shared across five accounts and, as far as I'm aware, unlimited Switches.

• 4 weeks later...

@ort I'm not sure if anyone actually answered your question, but with a family plan you can add up to SEVEN other Switches (total of 8) and they all have access to the Switch online services. Nintendo spells it out for you in an easy step-by-step set of instructions.  It's pretty quick and easy. I've added a bunch of my friends to my plan so I know it's not a hassle. 

On 3/9/2022 at 10:35 AM, Ghost_MH said:

A new one would be nice, but this is the first time the expansion pack has been made available outside of Japan, right? Unless I'm mistaken, that was a 64DD exclusive.

The "Expansion Pack" referred to in the tweet is the "Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack" plan, which is what gives players access to N64 (and Genesis) games. 

It has nothing to do with the 64DD extras for F-Zero X:peace:

• Sad 1