NFL Week 6 - You Shall Not Take the Name of the LORD Roger Goodell in Vain

Keyser_Soze

23 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:
mark-davis.jpg
WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

Gruden's resignation stemmed from the league's investigation into Washington's workplace culture

The league definitely has some favorite teams. Any team whose owner is called "Mr. So and So" by media flacks and announcers is one beloved by the league office. Giants, Steelers, etc.

42 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:
mark-davis.jpg
WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

Gruden's resignation stemmed from the league's investigation into Washington's workplace culture

Don’t know about the NFL but I’m positive that his barber is out to get him. 

It's been a big week for RaiderNation and the Raiders.  The team was clearly impacted by the release of the first email, and came out extremely flat against the Bears.

Up this week was a game against the Donkeys at Mile High.  How would the team respond?  Spectacularly -- with potentially their most dominant performance in the last 20 years.  The score is flattering to the losers, as the 4th Quarter was essentially all garbage time -- the Raiders offence when into "waste the clock" mode and the prevent defence reared its ugly head.

The Raiders offence had a great day -- it's pretty clear to anyone watching a Raiders game that 1)  the run game is terrible, 2) Carr knows how to beat the blitz.  If you can get pressure on Carr rushing 4, then you will beat the Raiders (both the Bears and Chargers mostly did this).  If you can't, Carr (so far) has carved up your defence (everybody else).  The only major difference I saw with Greg Olson calling the plays was a lot more play-action calls, and less of a reliance on the running game.  That said, the offensive line was still pretty terrible.

The defence still continues playing well -- the defensive line is clearly the strength of the unit.  They are getting lots of pressure with both their starters, and the backups when they rotate them in.   This is making up for the Raiders weakness at CB -- Amik Robertson was destroyed on the Donkey's first drive touchdown.  It looked to me that Facyson/Hobbs played most of the rest of the game.  Hopefully Mullen will be back before the heart of the schedule kicks off with the first game against the Chiefs in 4 weeks.

This team still looks like a slightly better than .500 team to me -- I'm guessing they end the season at somewhere between 9-11 wins with a shot at a wildcard spot.

NoBlitzingEliteQBs_Getty_Ringer.jpg
WWW.THERINGER.COM

NFL defenses have a surprising new idea to deal with the league’s elite quarterbacks. So far it’s working—or, as well as it can against football’s best passers.

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

To be fair if you can only rush 4 and get pressure you will beat almost any QB @AbsolutSurgen

True Tv Land GIF by YoungerTV

I feel like this Monday night crew has these two teams mixed up for the past 10 minutes.

First Allen gets his ball tipped in the air and he knocks it down and then they commentators say, "Veteran move by Tannehill" then go on to talk about AJ Brown for some reason.

Now the Titans are leading here at the end and they keep saying the Titans aren't taking timeouts. It's the Bills who need to take time outs not the Titans.