The International 10 - $40,000,000 Up For Grabs [October 07 - 17, 2021]

Keyser_Soze

Originally scheduled for last year but delayed due to COVID, and then denied by the original country it was supposed to be held in, Sweden, The International will finally take place on the 7th from Bucharest, Romania. The prize pool is $40 million dollars. The winning team gets $18 million dollars the last place team gets a lousy $100,000.

The schedule is below

https://www.dota2.com/esports/ti10/schedule

The twitch stream should have the nice interactive overlays for people

https://www.twitch.tv/dota2ti

And that's all I have to give you since like 1 other person around here cares about this.

I wish I could get into DOTA. It is harder to watch than LoL and the characters aren't as character-y as LoL's. Not that I watch LoL worlds anymore. There haven't been any DOTA streamers to pull me into that viewing space like there was for LoL. Plenty quality streamers to lure people in to watching a game they don't really even play. 

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

I wish I could get into DOTA. It is harder to watch than LoL and the characters aren't as character-y as LoL's. Not that I watch LoL worlds anymore. There haven't been any DOTA streamers to pull me into that viewing space like there was for LoL. Plenty quality streamers to lure people in to watching a game they don't really even play. 

So your enjoyment of watching DOTA comes down to the appeal of the characters is what you're saying?

And what are you looking for out of a DOTA streamer?

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

And what are you looking for out of a DOTA streamer?

Them not playing DOTA. What I mean is I won't notice them playing DOTA, but if they played something I liked to lure me in then there would be a chance of me sticking around when they play DOTA. 

20 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Them not playing DOTA. What I mean is I won't notice them playing DOTA, but if they played something I liked to lure me in then there would be a chance of me sticking around when they play DOTA. 

Unfortunately from what I've seen the majority of DOTA streamers start with DOTA and move on to another game afterward. Maybe you should watch the end of Admiralbulldog's streams or something. :p

Kind of a weird format so far. It's like the main stream is kind of like a friendly hangout where they just shoot the breeze and choose what games to watch while they play around with Slack's Steam Deck.

They are going rapid fire on the series though, playing them directly after the other rather than waiting for all series to finish first which is nice as it won't take all day for the group stage to end.

13 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

She's Mirana's mute friend girl lady. You watched didn't you? Didn't you? :(

I did but I mean it was awhile ago, I don't remember a lot by now. I remember the main guy can become a dragon but it was against his wishes and there was a evil magic lady running a clan and there are some bigger plots going on. It's why I often rewatch a season when a new season comes out. :p 

3 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

It's why I often rewatch a season when a new season comes out. :p 

They also announced a second season coming in January but they haven't dropped the trailer yet!

And spoilers, but you don't know who this is, Lina will be on the show! :o

BUT Marci was kind of a big deal since she stuck to Mirana's side all the time. I think I speculated that either her or the elf girl would be in the game at some point so they picked Marci first.

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

They also announced a second season coming in January but they haven't dropped the trailer yet!

And spoilers, but you don't know who this is, Lina will be on the show! :o

BUT Marci was kind of a big deal since she stuck to Mirana's side all the time. I think I speculated that either her or the elf girl would be in the game at some point so they picked Marci first.

It's coming in January? Nice - I'll definitely have to read up again on the first season or rewatch it beforehand. I definitely enjoyed the show, it wasn't great but it was entertaining and fun I thought.

• Thanks 1

In general no one cares about this stuff but I think if at last one person walks away with the knowledge of how significant this is, it will be a win for this thread.

@Greatoneshere Here is why this is so incredible

Team Spirit are essentially a bunch of nobodies. Four of the five players on the team had never been to The International (TI) before. There's something called the Dota Pro Circuit and during it you accumulate points for your ranking in the major events during the year. If you don't have enough points to get an automatic invite you have to play through regional qualifiers and only one team from each region will make it. Team Spirit was one of those teams that had to win their qualifier to even make TI, and they did so. But even making it to the tournament expectations from most people weren't high for the team to get far in the tournament.

They would have to defeat the juggernaut teams in the main event. These teams are the ones that received automatic invites, veteran teams including the #1 team of the DPC season and most dominant team during both the group stage and main event tournament, PSG.LGD. They were 7-1 in the group stage and only lost one game on their way to the grand finals of the main event.

The win is reminiscent of Super Bowl XLII when the Patriots were 16-0 and the Giants swooped in to beat them, but this instance felt more unbelievable.

During the event Team Spirit always managed to stick around in their games and ended up making awesome plays to win games. The began in the upper bracket but got knocked down by Invictus Gaming (IG). Most thought they were doomed here because the path to the championship looked nearly impossible. They would have to play against VP, a team they beat once out of 30 times (or something like that). Spirit won that series. Then they would have a rematch against IG, the team that knocked them down and they beat them 2-0. Then they had to play another super team, Team Secret, one of their players is a TI winner and has been to every TI and they were looking strong. Spirit beat them too to get to the grand finals against the best team of the tournament PSG.LGD.

Team Spirit won the first two games but PSG.LGD bounced back with two convincing wins. Everyone thought this was it for Spirit, especially after they saw the draft. PSG.LGD were using one of the best, seemingly unbeatable, strategies in the game and Team Spirit were able to beat them to become the champions. An incredible win and they are now 18 million dollars richer!