So with Wade's "Purge" does that mean that the current season is a series reboot?

HGLatinBoy

10 hours ago, Nokra said:

I was a little sad at first but now, to be honest, I'm actually happy that the boards shit the bed. There's nothing like a fresh start! We let the past die and didn't even have to kill it. :p 

From an organizational standpoint there was also just a lot of cruft, and other stuff where nobody really remembered who set something a certain way (or why they did), that was the cumulative result of the site ownership/management changing hands multiple times, and we were kind of stuck just trying not to break any of it. Look at what happened when Wade tried to consolidate the gaming boards for example, that wasn't exactly a good sign for the underlying health of the site. Plus the fact that the very DIY nature of the Dreamhost setup made more sense for people like niggles and kyio who do that kind of webdev stuff for work. This was certainly a good excuse to start fresh on that end plus get us over to a host who can actually help us maintain the IPB software end of things--it wouldn't have even occurred to me to look into whether Invision offers hosting if we hadn't gotten to the point of having to seriously consider the possibility of needing to completely start over.

• Like 2

On 6/24/2018 at 4:40 AM, Nokra said:

I was a little sad at first but now, to be honest, I'm actually happy that the boards shit the bed. There's nothing like a fresh start! We let the past die and didn't even have to kill it. :p 

It actually has been kind of nice to start over. Got that new board smell again

• Like 1