NFL Week 4 - Not Slacking Off by Popular Demand

Keyser_Soze

6 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

We’ll see.

@AbsolutSurgen big game tonight, even for the entire league.

Chargers playing well but the Raiders should win.

Your thoughts on tonight?

I haven't seen the Chargers play yet -- so all of my impressions of them are through highlights/box scores and stats.  They look like they could be a playoff team.

I think most people are overestimating the Raiders.  While they are 3-0, two of those wins came in overtime (including a win against a Miami team that they played much better than).  Some of the talking heads on TV call them a Super Bowl contender -- and TBH, I haven't seen them play at that level yet. They are a "good" team, but I think they are a step down from the best in the league.

The Raiders have really struggled with their run game, and that could be a big problem against the Chargers.

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Chargers have the worst run defense in the league. Whoever plays tonight will be snackin'

You're absolutely right.  However, the Raiders run offence has been horrid -- and I think you can beat the Chargers with a solid running game.

Charger's pass defence looks pretty good (at least on the stat sheet) -- if they can slow down the Raiders pass game, I think they can beat them.

Everyone talks about Carr being an early MVP candidate.  His stats (2021/2020/2019):

QBR:  62.0/64.3/64.1

Passer Rating: 101.4/101.4/100.8

DVOA: 23.8%/14.0%/18.7%

YPA: 8.8/7.9/7.9

Is he playing a little better?  Probably -- but not dramatically so.  I still think he is a top-10 QB, but don't yet see anything to suggest he is a top-5 QB.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Everyone talks about Carr being an early MVP candidate.  His stats (2021/2020/2019):

QBR:  62.0/64.3/64.1

Passer Rating: 101.4/101.4/100.8

DVOA: 23.8%/14.0%/18.7%

YPA: 8.8/7.9/7.9

Is he playing a little better?  Probably -- but not dramatically so.  I still think he is a top-10 QB, but don't yet see anything to suggest he is a top-5 QB.

Because it goes deeper than the numbers.

You can't complain when your team goes 3-1 in the first 4 games of the season -- even when they looked terrible for most of the first half last night.

1)  Raiders will need to adapt to the reality of their OL - like they seemed to in the 2nd half.

2)  Raiders had 3 of their top 4 corners out of the game by the final whistle -- who will play against Chicago?

The Urban Meyer situation is a sad one for his family. A guy who should be a massive success and beloved by his community constantly does things to embarrass himself and his family. What a clown.

25 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

@AbsolutSurgen It's official. You win

NFL power rankings: Rams hold off Cardinals despite loss - Sports Illustrated

SI has them at 7 -- so I must be wrong.

pzyomyiv8aqzg42bx5cc
WWW.NFL.COM

How high did the Cardinals and Cowboys climb after exceptionally strong efforts by both teams? Dan Hanzus takes stock of the NFL hierarchy in his Week 5 Power Rankings -- and yes, there's a new No. 1!

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

The Urban Meyer situation is a sad one for his family. A guy who should be a massive success and beloved by his community constantly does things to embarrass himself and his family. What a clown.

merlin_185251809_928cb94f-8a01-4531-a358

He couldn't agree more. 

Sb, please don't get mad at me, my friend.  I couldn't help it.  Honestly.

Sorry.