Devil May Cry 5 OT - Three's Company

Commissar SFLUFAN

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Get a look at V, the new character in Devil May Cry 5, in this two-minute combat montage. For more background on what's going on in this trailer, check out the DMC5 trailer from The Game Awards: https://www.ign.com/videos/2018/12/07/devil-may-cry-5-the-game-awards-2018-extended-trailer

The trailer IGN is referencing: 

It’s showtime! Hot and fresh off The Game Awards, here’s the extended cut of our newest #DMC5 trailer, featuring stylish gameplay of all 3 playable characters (including the first ever public showing of V gameplay), the all-new cameo system, playable demo news, and a little teaser at the end! More details here: http://bit.ly/DMC5-TGA

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We spent four hours with Devil May Cry 5 and walked away feeling immensely satisfied with its meticulously crafted combat.

We’ve finally got Devil May Cry 5 V gameplay as we play the first five hours of Devil May Cry 5 and test out V’s demon summons, new Dante weapons and take on huge boss fights. This DMC 5 gameplay is looking swish, and here are 9 Devil May Cry 5 features we think you’ll enjoy.

Devil May Cry 5 arrives on PC on 8 March, and we’ve played the first five hours of the game on a preview build on Xbox One X. This isn’t a final Devil May Cry 5 review, although we hope to have a DMC 5 review on the channel in time for release. For now you’ll have to settle for Devil May Cry 5 impressions. And we’ve got a few - we’ve played as Nero - testing out his rocket surfing Punch Line - and messed around with Devil May Cry 5’s V. He’s the mysterious newcomer who fights with demonic summons: Shadow, Griffon and Nightmare. In Devil May Cry 5 Nightmare is a real showstopper - a 20ft tall demon who plunges from the sky to smash even bosses into a meaty pulp.

While we’ve not played anywhere enough to offer a full Devil May Cry 5 PC review - you’ll have to wait for Rock Paper Shotgun: The Site to handle that - we enjoyed what we played. The new Devil May Cry 5 boss fights are stunning visual designs which tease out new mechanics in clever ways, and V’s fighting style is unlike anything we’ve seen in an action game. We also love new Devil May Cry 5 weapons - Dante gets the Balrog, a pair of flaming gloves and grieves that turn him into a masterful boxer, while Nero gets a range of Devil breaker arms. Whether you’re playing with Punch Line, Ragtime, Buster or Rawhide, these are great fun. We show them all off in this new DMC 5 gameplay - which Devil May Cry 5 weapons are you looking forward to?

We also test the new Devil May Cry 5 cameo mode, which is the game’s take on co-op and sees other player appearing in your world to show off their skills. It’s less proper online play and more a chance to show off your absurd skills. It fits DMC 5 perfectly. This video also contains a fair amount of bookcases getting hit with swords, for reasons that are explained inside. If you have any questions about our Devil May Cry 5 gameplay and impressions, just pop them in the comments. I hope that these Devil May Cry 5 impressions have helped clarify a few things and give you a taste of what to expect from the full game. I went into this DMC 5 preview with not a huge amount of interest in the game, but came out impressed. We’ll hopefully have more DMC 5 gameplay on the channel in the run up to release date on 8 March.

Leo is joined by Joe, Suriel and Imran to talk through brand new gameplay footage from Devil May Cry 5, including the new character V.

#DevilMayCry5 Gameplay! We've played the first five hours of Devil May Cry 5, and played as all three of its main characters - Dante, Nero, and the mysterious V. Joined by Trish, Lady and a host of demons familiar and new, we played the game right from the start up to Mission 10. Here's what we learned after playing as all three characters. Devil May Cry 5 Xbox One X Gameplay.

Devil May Cry 5’s new character V plays unlike any other in the series – hands-on (VG247)

For what it’s worth, I think it is. In fact, V might be my favorite bit of Devil May Cry 5 so far, though this hands-on also left me with other exciting notes as we look toward next month’s launch. For one, Nico is everything FF15’s Cindy should’ve been, a not-embarrassing version of the wise-cracking southern mechanic trope that’s shaping up to be one of the most endearing new characters of the year. Dante is still bad-ass, too, but the other real stand-out aside from everything about V is Nero’s Devil Breaker. There definitely appears to be a good range of unique attacks here, and I can’t wait to see what the really skilled DMC players do with them.

Three's Company (Game Informer)

The newest action game in the series feels like a dream to play, as previous ones did as well. You are unlikely to ever blame the game’s controls for foibles and mistakes, though you will end up blaming your fingers for inelegant action as you tumble from a double-S rank to a B in a moment. Style is still the name of the game, but throughout my time with this demo, I was enjoying every second of my time comboing enemies and fighting bosses. With three characters to play with and a ton of hidden weapons, extra arms, and dozens of unlockable moves, Devil May Cry 5 looks to have a lot of enjoyable seconds.

Devil May Cry 5 is shaping up to be an exceptional return for the series (PC Gamer)

I could have happily kept playing beyond the 11 missions in that sitting. For seasoned players there are a lot of secrets to discover, including hidden red orb caches and secret missions that you unlock by aligning painted arcane symbols in the environment. For seasoned players these secrets will enrich repeat playthroughs. For new players there's an 'auto' mode that lets you trigger advanced combos with straightforward button presses. It's a nice feature for players who want to blow through the story, and it demonstrates some of the high level combos you can put together with Nero's Devil Breakers.

Devil May Cry 5 takes Resident Evil 2’s gore and smacks it with style (PCGamesN)

Though Devil May Cry may still fall foul of an an overt lack of tact to the nth degree at times, whether you’re a newbie or a seasoned pro, the fifth instalment in the series is a hella lot of fun. Offering up a vivid and interactive occult playground filled with monsters more grotesque than ever, it satiates that self-aggrandising fantasy of swinging big swords at even bigger monsters. All the while offering up cheesy, melodramatic comments throughout to remind you of the game’s proud heritage.

Devil May Cry 5 Follows Tradition And I Wouldn't Want It Any Other Way (Gamespot)

When DmC: Definitive Edition and DMC4: Special Edition both launched in 2015, it lay a crossroads of where the series could go. After playing both, I realized that the series can honestly be one or the other and still be phenomenal. Before going to this event, I anticipated Capcom would make DMCV a hybrid of both, but in the end it chose one: classic DMC.

Devil May Cry 5 Hands-On Preview: It's Daunting But Rewarding for Newcomers (IGN)

Though Devil May Cry 5 doesn’t seem like it necessarily has to be mastered to complete it, it does seem like it would be especially fun if that effort is made. I can see myself replaying a mission multiple times in preparations for more difficult enemies to come, and that’s the kind of gameplay loop I can absolutely get behind.

Devil May Cry 5: I'm Obsessed With What the New Character's Sandals Mean (IGN)

The fact I’m speculating at all is essentially why I’m excited by all this. Where Dante and Nero are variations on a theme - a theme Capcom more or less invented in the first DMC almost two decades ago - V feels legitimately new, almost experimental. Remember that the only reason Devil May Cry exists is because Hideki Kamiya started making a Resident Evil sequel that was simultaneously too odd and too brilliant not to split off into something new. In a different time, V could have caused the same result. In fact, Itsuno tells me he thinks it’d be “really cool” to make a full game set around a V-like playstyle - as long as people like it enough. I hope he would insist that sandals be a key component.

• 3 weeks later...

WARNING! Spoilers ahead, though they may be very motivating…

The world as we know it is falling apart and it's up to Nero, Dante and V to team up and face the ultimate challenge in #DMC5.

Devil May Cry 5 launches worldwide on Xbox One, PS4 and PC on March 8th.