Voice cast for Illumination’s Mario movie has been announced, and it’s questionable

Kamusha

On 9/26/2021 at 8:36 PM, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Honestly, they should have hired the whole cast from Its Always Sunny. 

Mario - Frank

Luigi - Charlie

Princess - Waitress

Bowser - Dennis

Bowser Jr - Mac

Toad - Dee

Donkey - Rickety Cricket

Very quickly, the creature started staggering. An experienced director, Greg Beeman, was brought on and then dropped, possibly because his picture Mom and Dad Save the World was picking up negative press in Hollywood. Harold Ramis and Danny DeVito were both approached to take the helm – the latter to direct and star – and both demurred. Arnold Schwarzenegger turned down the role as the turtle-like antagonist, Bowser, while Tom Hanks was briefly attached to play Luigi.

1822.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

In 1993, the makers of The Killing Fields and Chariots of Fire bought the film rights to the world’s biggest video game. The result was a commercial disaster. But that’s only part of the story

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I did a great search on the 1993 movie and had so many good laughs. I really liked it as a 12yr old kid. I haven't seen it since. Is it really that much of a train wreck?

I've been dieing to rewatch that movie to see how it holds up.  I remember having dreams about those ridiculous boots they jump around in near the end of the movie.  Wanted those so bad haha.  My dad made a vhs copy of the movie at some point so I never "officially" owned it:shh:

• Shocked 1

I did a great search on the 1993 movie and had so many good laughs. I really liked it as a 12yr old kid. I haven't seen it since. Is it really that much of a train wreck?

I did not like it when I was a kid and it's probably just as terrible now except for the soundtrack which still jams.

Ok so the two posts above regarding the trailer... One says "teaser trailer", and the other says "world premiere trailer".  So my question...will we hear Mario talk?  A "teaser" trailer could be pretty barebones.  I think Nintendo knows people really want to hear the voice. Could be pretty hilarious if they kept the mystery going.

4 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

Ok so the two posts above regarding the trailer... One says "teaser trailer", and the other says "world premiere trailer".  So my question...will we hear Mario talk?  A "teaser" trailer could be pretty barebones.  I think Nintendo knows people really want to hear the voice. Could be pretty hilarious if they kept the mystery going.

• Haha 2

Anyway to watch this?

I'm sure you could "acquire" it somewhere online but there doesn't seem to be a quick easy streaming method.  I just bought the DVD on Amazon for $3.99 with prime shipping. Will be here Friday.  Kind of feel like an asshole that I'm making an Amazon delivery driver come to my house for this.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DarkStar189 said:

I'm sure you could "acquire" it somewhere online but there doesn't seem to be a quick easy streaming method.  I just bought the DVD on Amazon for $3.99 with prime shipping. Will be here Friday.  Kind of feel like an asshole that I'm making an Amazon delivery driver come to my house for this.

:lol:

Watch it on your computer, and set up a viewing party on Discord so we can all watch it together lol

• Haha 1

Didn't pay 91 bucks for the VHS?