~*Official US Government Default Watch 2021 Thread*~

2 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Dems running the senate and house and presidency blaming the Republicans is gonna fall on deaf ears

No, it will fall on dumb ears who will listen and believe the blame game. In reality, the Dems don't need the Republican vote, they are avoiding the perception of the growing totalitarian state of which we are currently governed. 

• Haha 2

No way Mitch and co is gonna let us default. I'm not worried at all.  This is all show. Mitch, Romney and the rest of the ghouls would never take a personal hit not to mention their donors for principle. 

They would fuck up their own money and donors money if they tank the global economy. This would never happen.

7 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

You see we don't want to destroy America but we have to cause i dunno people might find out.

In a firing squad one gun is always loaded with a blank so that the killing shot can't be related to a specific shooter. If they do a private ballot they just need one GOP senator to vote against so they can all claim they were the no vote.

30 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

No way Mitch and co is gonna let us default. I'm not worried at all.  This is all show. Mitch, Romney and the rest of the ghouls would never take a personal hit not to mention their donors for principle. 

They would fuck up their own money and donors money if they tank the global economy. This would never happen.

I have no doubt that he would. Because he needs that power. And as much as he might hate Trump, he also needs him to be on Fox News for that "I told you so" soundbite of Biden ruining the economy, even if it was sabotaged by the very party that makes the soundbite. 

1 minute ago, Littleronin said:

I have no doubt that he would. Because he needs that power. And as much as he might hate Trump, he also needs him to be on Fox News for that "I told you so" soundbite of Biden ruining the economy, even if it was sabotaged by the very party that makes the soundbite. 

They will have a hell of a time explaining filibustering the vote to prevent the default the day before the default. 

It's always easy to dunk on the Democrats for being bad at politics, and the fact that default is even possible when they control the House, Senate, and the Presidency only makes it more obvious why we should.

However, it is worth pointing out that if the GOP stood for anything other than "owning the libs," this wouldn't be an issue either. When your only real conviction is that you have to disagree with the other party, even when the other party just wants to keep everyone afloat, you have to be willing to let everyone sink.

It's not like this is the only possible outcome for half of a two party system. They could (and used to) have their own beliefs that supersede hating on the other guys, but they've transformed their party in such that the only way for themselves to win is for the Democrats to lose, even if they have to suffer as well.

That is a good reminder. 

For all the shit we fling at Manchin/Sinema/Pelosi or whoever is the pariah that week, it goes without saying that if we need to pick anyone in Congress to go "hang out at a gas station" 99% of this board will start on the right side of the aisle. 

Time to bring out the  heavy corporate artillery:

106951704-16333634092021-10-04t155928z_1
WWW.CNBC.COM

President Joe Biden will on Wednesday escalate his call for Congress to address the debt limit in a meeting with Wall Street's top CEOs.

President Joe Biden will on Wednesday escalate his call for Congress to address the debt ceiling in a meeting with some of Wall Street’s top CEOs and stress that delaying an increase to the borrowing limit risks a first-ever U.S. default and near-certain economic calamity.

Nine CEOs are expected to attend, including JPMorgan Chase boss Jamie Dimon, Intel exec Pat Gelsinger, Nasdaq chief Adena Friedman and Raytheon leader Greg Hayes. AARP chief Jo Ann Jenkins, Citi CEO Jane Fraser and Deloitte exec Punit Renjen are also on the guest list.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to ~*Official US Government Default Watch 2021 Thread*~