Your Day One Game Purchases for The Rest of the Year

skillzdadirecta

6 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

Clicked on this thread looking for ideas. Didn't see anything that jumps out at me. Not much of a day one game anymore.

I'll probably buy Spyro Reignited at some point, but I doubt at launch.

Why U no day 1 purchase game anymore?

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

Why U no day 1 purchase game anymore?

I've always been a cheapskate, so even when I was big into gaming I probably never bought more than 10 games a year at full price.

Nowadays, there's just not too many franchises that I need. Earlier this year I bought Shadow of the Collosus at launch, and before that I think it would be a PS3 or 360 game I bought at launch.

Some of this is also due to not getting a PS4 until the end of '16. I got about a dozen AAA games at the time for 10-15 dollars a piece and I still haven't made my way through all those yet.

On a side note, I just noticed that Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition is on sale for 12 bucks. So I guess that one's going on the pile :pThat's another factor, with a back log most games feel take or leave to me when I can wait for PSN sales. Hell, God of War is already down to 35. On top of that, there's all the free PS+ games, even if they're not all must plays.

Probably the most simple answer is that when I sit down to play, more than half the time I just end up playing Minecraft anyway. The last sale I bought a bunch of games on and with the exception of Rocket League and 10 Second Ninja, they haven't got much playtime. 

I'm in more or less the same boat as @Chairslinger now. I have too many games as it is, there aren't that many games I feel compelled to buy immediately, and I'm trying to budget my money a little better now. I bought a Xbone this summer, and Game Pass alone is going to keep me really busy for a while. And of course I just keep going back to Hearthstone and Overwatch for most of my gaming time. 

On 8/21/2018 at 10:21 AM, mikechorney said:

The lack of love for Forza Horizon 4 is disappointing

I am still playing 3 so I will probably wait until some DLC is out for 4 before I buy.

Honestly it looks like I am only purchasing Soul Calibur VI day one for the rest of the year.

• 2 weeks later...

For Sure Day 1 buys:

AC: Odyssey

Battlefield 5

Fallout 76

Maybe, based on time/how I feel:

Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4 Pro or maybe wait for PC version

Spiderman

Hitman 2

Dragons Quest 11 Switch maybe

Currently playing:

Fallout 4, No Man's Sky Next and might revisit Destiny 2 a little bit and finish FarCry 5.  

First I must say, I love my Ps4 Pro! So for the most part all remaining games bought this year if on both consoles will be bought for the X1X because I have given it almost no love since I bought it! So here is my list for the rest of this year that I know of . . .

Battlefield 5 for PC & Then . . .

1.Shadow of the Tomb Raider Xbox 1 One X

2.Red Dead Redemption 2 Xbox One X

3.Fallout 76 Xbox One X

4.Resident Evil 2 Remake Xbox One X

6.Forza Horizon 4 Xbox One X

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HardAct said:

First I must say, I love my Ps4 Pro! So for the most part all remaining games bought this year if on both consoles will be bought for the X1X because I have given it almost no love since I bought it! So here is my list for the rest of this year that I know of . . .

Battlefield 5 for PC & Then . . .

1.Shadow of the Tomb Raider Xbox 1 One X

2.Red Dead Redemption 2 Xbox One X

3.Fallout 76 Xbox One X

4.Resident Evil 2 Remake Xbox One X

6.Forza Horizon 4 Xbox One X

RE 2 is early next year, right?

• 1 month later...

Weird bug aside, I'm just not sure how you can look at something like this clip and say 76 seems like it has even remotely engaging combat.

The game is going to be even more reliant on combat than any other Fallout game due to the complete removal of anything but the cycle of exploration, combat, and progression, and it looks like Bethesda has done literally nothing to address their decades old gunplay. I know that the game has other things going for it, but it looks like it is built on an irrebarably rotten foundation. 

Apparently I haven't done many day one purchase this year in general (even though I've be playing a lot of games!), but RDR2 is probably the first day one I'll have in some time and probably the last day one of this year.

I guess I did just get Bard's Tale day 1, but that's because I owned it from backing it :p and I didn't play it on day one.

I'm not as others have said going into Fallout 76 day one, mostly because I do plan on replaying FO4 because I stopped before finishing it, playing any of the DLC  that I bought all of!! So, that's says a lot, as I buy most everything. That's got to change next year as other than Forza 4 {just love this game} nothing  holds my attention anymore.

I'm bored with Black ops 4 already {I suck too, so there's that} and my back log of AAA titles is beyond comprehension! So I'm buying Red Dead Redemption 2 and that's all rest of the year. I'll keep trucking through Forza, play a round of Black ops 4 once every 3 days and just wait for Resident Evil 2's Remake. That game is my favorite of all time, so I can't wait for that one. I am very very slowing learning a hard lesson, and with games being half priced after 4 months, just cause I can afford it doesn't mean I should buy it. I need to give more to charity I think . . . lol!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Moa said:

Weird bug aside, I'm just not sure how you can look at something like this clip and say 76 seems like it has even remotely engaging combat.

That's why I'm not going by looking at it. I'm going by what people I trust say who have actually played it. I'll play it soon enough and make up my own mind. You could very well be right.

I'm not "NOT" getting FO76 because of anything anyone has said about the game, or any game play videos. Just simply because I really liked FO4 and put a shit ton of hours into it yet never finished it, and knowing I still have all of the DLC to truck through, I'm just gonna give FO76 a Day one pass. I'll grab it later on down the road at a discounted price. 76 looks good enough to me, just doesn't make sense, because if I do buy it, i'm know i'll never go back to 4 and play through what I paid for. This is what I mean by a large AAA title back log. 

It used to be smaller games that I would grab from Steam sales and the like. Lately it's just everything cool I buy, I feel like I'll get through them, yet I just haven't anymore. I haven'y beat a game in a very long time. VERY VERY long time!