Cat needs surgery

marioandsonic

Hi everyone.  

Earlier this year, I found out my cat has a birth defect called an ectopic ureter. 

Basically, it means that one of his kidneys isn't connected properly to his bladder. He's fine now, but he's involuntarily leaving small urine stains whenever he lays down somewhere.  In the long term, it could not only get worse, but lead to things like kidney failure and UTIs.

He needs surgery to correct it, and thankfully I have pet insurance on him.  Without it, the estimated cost would come to up to around $3200-$3600.  Thanks to the insurance, it's mostly covered, but I still have a 20% co-pay, meaning I pay between $600-$700 bucks.

I don't like begging, but if anyone wants to help me out, send me a PM, and I'll give you my PayPal account info.  Thanks in advance.

EDIT:  I'll link my Venmo and PayPal account info here.

PayPal email: masmugen@hotmail.com

VENMO.COM

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, marioandsonic said:

Just got an update from the vet.  The surgery reportedly went successful. They'll keep and monitor him overnight, and if nothing abnormal occurs, they'll contact me tomorrow on when I can pick him up.

Thanks a lot to everyone that donated!

This is great to hear! Glad the wittle guy is okay.

Another update.

His kidney values are still high.  They're keeping him for one more night, and see how he's doing in the morning.  Regardless of how he's doing then, I'm taking him home tomorrow.

If his values don't go down by then...it's not a good sign for his long-term health.

...I'm not having another pet after this.  Fuck everything.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

Another update.

His kidney values are still high.  They're keeping him for one more night, and see how he's doing in the morning.  Regardless of how he's doing then, I'm taking him home tomorrow.

If his values don't go down by then...it's not a good sign for his long-term health.

...I'm not having another pet after this.  Fuck everything.

Just got a call this morning. His kidney values have gone down overnight, so it seems like he'll be okay.

I'm picking him up later this morning.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

One last update.

I just received an email from the pet insurance company.  My claim for my cat and the reimbursement went through, and I should receive it via direct deposit shortly. 

Also, after about two weeks of recovery and having to wear one of those cones on his head, he's pretty much back to his old self now.  

I'm so relieved this is all over.  Thank you all for the kind words and donations.

• Like 4