Jump to content

LuLaRich (Amazon Prime Doc)


Recommended Posts

I think most people probably noticed the explosion of MLMs that female friends and relatives got caught up in during the last 10 years, but few blew up as fast and furious as LuLaRoe.

 

The doc really gets at the insidious nature of MLMs and how they target vulnerable people. It’s probably worth watching just so you can help friends and family who are getting sucked into an MLM to understand the concept and how it is a guaranteed loss for them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm shocked there aren't more tech MLMs. I remember a bunch of folks getting caught up in Excel Communications back in the late 80s/early 90s. I'm glad nobody I know for wrapped up in LuLaRoe. I do know a bunch that got caught up in Herbalife. Though, these days whenever I think of Herbalife all I can remember is their side story in Los Espookys.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My wife fell for this shit all the time. She didnt get into selling it seriously at least. But she would go crazy buying a product thinking it's great, and then someone mentions she should sell it and I always talked her out of it. We've had plenty of LuLaRoe leggings in our house, Thirty-one bags, and essential oils. She's much better now. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

My wife fell for this shit all the time. She didnt get into selling it seriously at least. But she would go crazy buying a product thinking it's great, and then someone mentions she should sell it and I always talked her out of it. We've had plenty of LuLaRoe leggings in our house, Thirty-one bags, and essential oils. She's much better now. 


Out of curiosity, do you guys run in evangelical or Mormon circles? You just named off the three things that immediately come to mind that we’re suuuuper popular amongst the evangelical and Mormon friends in my world. I don’t think my wife ever bought any LuLaRoe or 31 bags, but she definitely went to some parties. She still gets that dottera essential oils stuff, but it’s just stuff she mixes in to cleaning products for the smell 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:


Out of curiosity, do you guys run in evangelical or Mormon circles? You just named off the three things that immediately come to mind that we’re suuuuper popular amongst the evangelical and Mormon friends in my world. I don’t think my wife ever bought any LuLaRoe or 31 bags, but she definitely went to some parties. She still gets that dottera essential oils stuff, but it’s just stuff she mixes in to cleaning products for the smell 😂

 

Evangelical here, definitely. Southern Baptist and Church of Christ. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, sblfilms said:


Out of curiosity, do you guys run in evangelical or Mormon circles? You just named off the three things that immediately come to mind that we’re suuuuper popular amongst the evangelical and Mormon friends in my world. I don’t think my wife ever bought any LuLaRoe or 31 bags, but she definitely went to some parties. She still gets that dottera essential oils stuff, but it’s just stuff she mixes in to cleaning products for the smell 😂

Actually my wife worked at a big early child care center for years that was connected to an evangelical church. And those were the people hyping up the products. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

Actually my wife worked at a big early child care center for years that was connected to an evangelical church. And those were the people hyping up the products. 

 

Those are exactly the type they go after. Excel, Avon, and Herbalife are the big ones I've seen make their run through Spanish-speaking churches up here in New England.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:


Out of curiosity, do you guys run in evangelical or Mormon circles? You just named off the three things that immediately come to mind that we’re suuuuper popular amongst the evangelical and Mormon friends in my world. I don’t think my wife ever bought any LuLaRoe or 31 bags, but she definitely went to some parties. She still gets that dottera essential oils stuff, but it’s just stuff she mixes in to cleaning products for the smell 😂

 

I have been summoned.

 

The county I live in is the headquarters for like 10 of the biggest pyramid schemes. DoTerra, Younique, NuSkin, USANA, Young Living off the top of my head.

 

My cousin, a male mid 30s army vet, got sucked into selling LLR somehow and all my female cousins followed him. Now some of them are doing some fingernail scheme. Sigh.

 

Can't wait to watch this documentary.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...