Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (PS5) - Information Thread, update: New Game+, Audio Descriptions, other new features update releasing on March 7

Pikachu

• Pikachu changed the title to Marvel's Spider-Man 2 - PlayStation Showcase 2021 Trailer | PS5 (Releasing 2023)

I hope they make the dynamic between Eddie and Peter good. Assuming Eddie is Venom and they're not making Harry Venom based on the ending to the first game. Either way it should be a tragic falling out between two good friends, that ultimately boils down to being Peter's fault. I still love how the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon did it. Just perfect. 

• True 2

2 hours ago, Brick said:

I hope they make the dynamic between Eddie and Peter good. Assuming Eddie is Venom and they're not making Harry Venom based on the ending to the first game. Either way it should be a tragic falling out between two good friends, that ultimately boils down to being Peter's fault. I still love how the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon did it. Just perfect. 

Too early to know for sure but I'm guessing the goal was to make it seem like Harry 's gonna be Venom to make Eddie's appearance more interesting/surprising.  ^_^

13 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Not that they couldn’t establish him during the game, but is there any reference to Eddie aside from a line from Miles and maybe a passing comment from Peter? If they’re not turning Harry into Venom after the original game, that would be weird.

Well if Venom turns heal, maybe Harry could be that wild card to show up and save the day as Anti-Venom or he becomes Carnage 

2 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Not that they couldn’t establish him during the game, but is there any reference to Eddie aside from a line from Miles and maybe a passing comment from Peter? If they’re not turning Harry into Venom after the original game, that would be weird.

I don't think Harry necessarily has to be Venom based on the ending of the first game. The Venom symbiote could be being used to treat Harry and whatever is making him sick, but it gets out, attaches to Peter, then finds Eddie after, yadda yadda. In the Ultimate Marvel comics the symbiote wasn't an alien, but a cure for cancer that Peter and Eddie's parents were working on before they died, if I remember correctly, so they could be doing something similar to that here. Then again maybe they will make Harry Venom as a curveball just because we all know the whole symbiote and Venom origin story so well by now, and they want to change things up. Surely though by the third game they'll have Norman become Green Goblin, unless of course they do that here as a final boss surprise like they did with Dock Ock, and then have Harry take over as Green Goblin II in Spider-Man 3. Making Norman become the Green Goblin in the third act might be a bit too similar to how the first game was structured though, so maybe the story of the third game will be dealing with Norman as Green Goblin, defeating him, Harry takes up the mantle, improves on the tech, and becomes Green Goblin II, or even Hobgoblin like he was in the Ultimate universe, although in that series of comics both Goblins were actually creatures, ala Hulk, not just dudes in suits with gliders; they could explain it that Harry's sickness and whatever they use to try and cure him turns him into the Goblin eventually, similar in the Amazing Spider-Man 2 movie (although the less said about that trash fire movie the better). 

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

2023, YO!

Insomniac's really loving these Marvel games. Considering how efficient they are, I hope R&C is still in the works. And whatever they're cooking that utilizes VR.

Is it weird that I saw their lineup in this showcase and was immediately worried about crunch and burnout? :/

5 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Is it weird that I saw their lineup in this showcase and was immediately worried about crunch and burnout? :/

how many different teams does insomniac have? 

I thought they had:

- Spider-man

- Spider-man Miles Morales (possibly working together on spiderman 2)

- Ratchet and Clank

If they have another team working on Wolverine then maybe they are avoiding crunch

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Marvel's Spider-Man 2 - PlayStation Showcase 2021 Trailer | PS5 (Releasing 2023), update: Venom to be voiced by Tony Todd (Candyman)
  • 3 weeks later...

Spider-Man 2 will be a "darker" Empire Strikes Back-style sequel (Eurogamer)

Marvel has described Insomniac's upcoming Spider-Man 2 as a "darker" follow-up to the original game.

Speaking on the latest This Week In Marvel podcast, the comics maker's creative vice president Bill Rosemann briefly discussed Insomniac's current slate of projects.

"If the first Spider-Man game was Star Wars, Spider-Man 2 is kind of our Empire," Rosemann said. "It gets a little darker."

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (PS5, 2023) - Information Thread, update: game tonally compared to "The Empire Strikes Back"
  • 1 year later...
3318112682ab969a9b989166a77ac4e533e36e5a
BLOG.PLAYSTATION.COM

Here are some of the biggest highlights for PlayStation in 2023, including Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 releasing in fall.

“What a year it’s been for PlayStation Studios; here at Insomniac Games we’ve been in absolute awe of the work of our peers. Congrats to everyone on a successful 2022… and here’s to next year being just as exciting as we continue to get Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 ready for release next fall.”

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (PS5, Autumn 2023) - Information Thread, update: Insomniac announces Autumn 2023 release
  • 5 months later...