Alan Wake Remastered (5 October 2021), update: new interview with Remedy discusses lack of ray-tracing and HDR

Commissar SFLUFAN

17 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I'm ready to see the next step for the franchise, not interested in reliving the first game.

Although I'd also be down to relive the initial concept where it was a first-person PC mystery game where you explored the entire town. That still sounds 100% up my alley.

Same, although I can appreciate this is a good way to gauge interest and crake some easy money for the project.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: Alan Wake Remastered officially announced for October 5 release on PlayStation consoles/Xbox consoles/PC (EGS)
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: Alan Wake Remastered announced for October 5 release on PlayStation consoles/Xbox consoles/PC (EGS), includes all DLCs/Director's Commentary by Sam Lake/4K visuals
header.jpg?t=1616438999
STEAMCOMMUNITY.COM

NO EPIC FAIL EXCLUSIV! NO DEALS WITH DEVIL! THEY DONT HARM STEAM! THEY DONT HARM VALVE! THEY ONLY HARM STEAM PLAYERS & REMEDY ENTERTAINMENT GET HATED BY 97-99 % OF PC GAMES AND LOSE 99 % WIN. EPIC IS POISON EPIC IS VENOM EPIC IS TOXIC EPIC IS ACID EPIC IS PESTILENCE EPIC IS DEATH OF REMEDY & Alan Wake/ Quantum Break/ Control ITS TIME TO SHOW FACE.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:
header.jpg?t=1616438999
STEAMCOMMUNITY.COM

NO EPIC FAIL EXCLUSIV! NO DEALS WITH DEVIL! THEY DONT HARM STEAM! THEY DONT HARM VALVE! THEY ONLY HARM STEAM PLAYERS & REMEDY ENTERTAINMENT GET HATED BY 97-99 % OF PC GAMES AND LOSE 99 % WIN. EPIC IS POISON EPIC IS VENOM EPIC IS TOXIC EPIC IS ACID EPIC IS PESTILENCE EPIC IS DEATH OF REMEDY & Alan Wake/ Quantum Break/ Control ITS TIME TO SHOW FACE.

DEALS WITH DEVIL sounds like a killer South American Metal album 

38 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:
header.jpg?t=1616438999
STEAMCOMMUNITY.COM

NO EPIC FAIL EXCLUSIV! NO DEALS WITH DEVIL! THEY DONT HARM STEAM! THEY DONT HARM VALVE! THEY ONLY HARM STEAM PLAYERS & REMEDY ENTERTAINMENT GET HATED BY 97-99 % OF PC GAMES AND LOSE 99 % WIN. EPIC IS...

You can count on Xbob to engage with these wackos

I gotta admit I'm a little more bummed by that image I posted than I thought I would be. That neon sign is just.... oddly absent to the rest of the environment. Neon signs, especially one that big, throw out a hell of a glow. Even if they weren't doing RT, it just seems like there should be some baked in lighting or something.

Sigh... I'm gonna have to go back and play the original to compare, aren't I....

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Alan Wake Remastered announced for October 5 release on PlayStation consoles/Xbox consoles/PC (EGS), includes all DLCs/Director's Commentary by Sam Lake/4K visuals
  • 3 weeks later...

PC Features:

Graphical Settings

• Ambient occlusion – Yes – (HBAO+ Nvidia Ambient occlusion tech)
  • Resolution – Enumerated resolutions
  • V-Sync – On/Off
  • Console v-sync set to on and with no option to turn off
  • HUD – Enabled/Disabled
  • Brightness
  • Motion Blur – Enabled/Disabled
  • Film Grain – Enabled/Disabled
  • FOV – Slider

Advanced Options

• Graphics Quality – Low/Medium/High/Custom
  • Render Scale – Slider – default to 100%
  • Anisotropic Filtering – Off, 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x
  • Shadow Quality – Low, Medium, High
  • Volumetric Light Quality – Low, Medium, High
  • Terrain Quality – Low, High
  • Draw Distance – Slider

PC System Requirements:

Minimum specs

• CPU: i5-3340 or Ryzen 3 1200
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 or AMD RX470. 4GB VRAM.
  • RAM: 8 GB or higher

Recommended specs

• CPU: i7-3770 or Ryzen 5 1400
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 or AMD 5600XT. 6GB VRAM
  • RAM: 16 GB
  • Thanks 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Alan Wake Remastered - October 5 release on PlayStation consoles/Xbox consoles/PC (EGS), update: "Xbox Series X vs Xbox 360 Comparison" trailer and PC features/requirements

Gotta love that early 2000's character animation. You can always tell by the weird head movement.

I'm pretty torn on this. I don't really need to play Alan Wake again, and if I did I still have my 360 copy which still looks pretty decent, especially with auto HDR. But at the same time.... I kind of have a stupid soft spot for newer versions of old games.

What they need to show are some of the later sections of the game when the shit really starts hitting the fan and there are all kinds of particle effects and other shit going on. If there's a noticeable improvement in that regard it could sway me. But showing the beginning of the game when literally nothing is happening isn't a big attractor.

This seems more like a good remaster for console only people to get a good resolution and 60fps along with some extra new bells and whistles, but nothing exciting if you already have Alan Wake on pc. Just looking at the minimum and recommended requirements, it doesn’t seem like this is pushing that much, which makes it an extra shame it seems there is no ray tracing.