Jump to content
~*Please Support the GoFundMe Campaign for HardAct*~ Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Pikachu

General Gaming Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice OT - Releasing 22 March 2019 (Update: Gameinformer February Cover)

Recommended Posts

That will come out almost a full 3 years since their last full game (Dark Souls 3), which I still need to finish. I'm excited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve posted this sentiment almost identically in previous threads.  I love the idea of a FromSoftware game, but just can’t stomach the actual playing.  I’m fine with a game being tough, but a level of tough where I know I’ll triumph within a few attempts.  Although satisfying, I nearly broke my PS3 fighting the Capra Dempn in DS1.  I don’t need that kind of pain in my life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Moa said:

I'm excited to buy and not complete another From Software game, somehow the only Souls game I've managed to get into has been Monster Hunter World, which I have been enjoying very much. 

Monster Hunter World is considered a souls game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why From Software chose Activision to publish Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

 

Quote

"So initially when we had this project proposal we took it to a number of companies," explains From Software community manager Yasuhiro Kitao. "We don't have the clout to publish outside of Asia and Japan, and so Activision was one of the companies we approached and one of the companies who said they would like to talk.

 

"And they absolutely loved the idea; they loved the project right from the start. They really respected our vision, and also along the way they were able to provide user testing and feedback that we simple can't handle so it was really beneficial."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2018 at 1:30 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

 

 

DUDE, I remember when people wrote NIOH off after the demo too! I was posting videos of me fighting that boss in the demo trying to show folks how cool the combat was in that game. That's why I already know I'm gonna love this game... I can see the depth in the combat from these videos. This game may be better than Ghosts of Tsushima from a combat perspective based on what I've seen from both so far (even though I'm all over the game too :p) Also we have NIOH 2 coming soon as well... Great time for us old scool Ninja Scroll fans :D

I have problems with quite a few things around the combat in Nioh, but that's hands-down one of the best fucking combat systems I've ever had the pleasure of playing. 

 

I really hope they fix the glaring combat encounter, enemy variety and level design issues in Nioh 2 and don't fuck with the combat much and we have a total winner on our hands. I still love Nioh as it is but yeah, it needs real improvement in those areas in my opinion.

 

The fact that Sekiro is basically Tenchu with Souls DNA and character action all combined is almost as 'dream game' of a combo as Bloodborne was for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How Character Progression Works In Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

One of the ways Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice marks a departure for From Software is in how your character becomes stronger. In other From games, you tailor your character by pouring points into different stats like strength, dexterity, and intelligence, depending on whether you want to fight as a brute, archer, or wizard, respectively. Shadows Die Twice won’t have that breadth of customization, as your character, The Wolf, is a shinobi through and through. That doesn’t mean you can’t tailor him to fit your playstyle, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on media blackout for this, the first trailer is all I needed to see. I'm getting this shit day fucking one, my dudes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I'm on media blackout for this, the first trailer is all I needed to see. I'm getting this shit day fucking one, my dudes.

I watched a video of actually skilled player at the helm when From was demo-ing the opening area (I assume) and it was so fucking legit. I can confirm that your blackout won't leave you high and dry. 

 

It looks very focused. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bloodporne said:

I watched a video of actually skilled player at the helm when From was demo-ing the opening area (I assume) and it was so fucking legit. I can confirm that your blackout won't leave you high and dry. 

 

It looks very focused. 

 

We can be sure it wasn't Man of -I wasn't good enough to beat Bloodborne- Culture then. Right, @SaysWho?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Chris- said:

 

We can be sure it wasn't Man of -I wasn't good enough to beat Bloodborne- Culture then. Right, @SaysWho?

He would definitely recommend purchasing the DLC to him in this case. A must-play for people that were frustrated by the main game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's What You Can Do In Sekiro's Hub Area

Although From Software is rethinking major aspects of its established action-RPG formula with Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, it’s sticking to a few tried-and-true approaches when it comes to the game’s overall structure by including a hub area that gives players a few things to do when they’re not slaying monsters out in the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

Here's What You Can Do In Sekiro's Hub Area

Although From Software is rethinking major aspects of its established action-RPG formula with Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, it’s sticking to a few tried-and-true approaches when it comes to the game’s overall structure by including a hub area that gives players a few things to do when they’re not slaying monsters out in the world.

I really disliked the introduction of a disjointed hub and absolutely hated insta-warping. Early interviews about Sekiro specifically name-dropped Dark Souls 1 and made a point of stating that it would be that world design, so while it may seem nit-picky, this is actually disappointing to read. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Bloodporne said:

I really disliked the introduction of a disjointed hub and absolutely hated insta-warping. Early interviews about Sekiro specifically name-dropped Dark Souls 1 and made a point of stating that it would be that world design, so while it may seem nit-picky, this is actually disappointing to read. 

 

Same. It was really disappointing that none of the games that followed DS1 copied its world design. It was easily one of my favorite aspects of the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Bloodporne said:

I really disliked the introduction of a disjointed hub and absolutely hated insta-warping. Early interviews about Sekiro specifically name-dropped Dark Souls 1 and made a point of stating that it would be that world design, so while it may seem nit-picky, this is actually disappointing to read. 

 

1 minute ago, Mercury33 said:

 

Same. It was really disappointing that none of the games that followed DS1 copied its world design. It was easily one of my favorite aspects of the game. 

Actually, I misread it based on an early, rather confusing sentence in the article. I retract my statement if so. It says:

 

"You can also use limited-stock items to immediately teleport yourself to the temple from anywhere in the world (similar to how Dark Souls’ Homeward Bone item works)."

 

And then describes branching paths leading to different areas from the Dilapidated Temple, which is the hub's name. So it actually does sound closer to Firelink Shrine design? There was an early sentence that stated it can be accessed from the game's equivalent to bonfires so I'm confused here. Maybe certain aspects like skill tree choices etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bloodporne said:

 

Actually, I misread it based on an early, rather confusing sentence in the article. I retract my statement if so. It says:

 

"You can also use limited-stock items to immediately teleport yourself to the temple from anywhere in the world (similar to how Dark Souls’ Homeward Bone item works)."

 

And then describes branching paths leading to different areas from the Dilapidated Temple, which is the hub's name. So it actually does sound closer to Firelink Shrine design? There was an early sentence that stated it can be accessed from the game's equivalent to bonfires so I'm confused here. Maybe certain aspects like skill tree choices etc.

 

If it’s just branching than it sounds more like DS2 where the world was like spokes on a wheel. DS1 was more like a circular maze.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Hopefully the guys who did DS3 will do the PC version of this and not the guys who did DS1.

I wonder what the chances are they won't fuck up the console versions on the technical side for once. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played a little bit of it but never got very far into it. I hope Sony/From Software do a remaster of it one day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

A lot of you guys didn't play Demon's Souls huh? The FIRST Souls game?

Of course. I just think Dark Souls was a brilliant evolution from Demon's hub design and somehow they had reverted ever since. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×