Katrina 2: New Orleans expected to take direct hit from Hurricane Ida

Apparently as the storm has made its northeastern turn, it slowed dramatically in movement while wind speeds stayed the same. 130-140 mph winds just sitting on top of these coastal towns for 4 hours. Brutal

Mattress Mac housing Louisiana refugees in his furniture stores here in Houston. He has a restaurant inside the stores, so he’s been serving free meals to everybody too. A great Houstonian ❤️

3 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Mattress Mac housing Louisiana refugees in his furniture stores here in Houston. He has a restaurant inside the stores, so he’s been serving free meals to everybody too. A great Houstonian ❤️

Mattress Mac is an American treasure!

2 hours ago, ThreePi said:

To be fair, this building looked abandoned/hollowed out before hand. Doesn't even seem like it had a roof.

if I remember my tour properly. That whole area was set for a rebuild but we’re waiting on the old man who owned most of the French squatter to croak. Some of the area had some of the old look on the bottom but everything above was looking like any other big city structure. The people were setting up court battles to try and preserve the look of “their city” One gentlemen I had a conversation with, while waiting for pizza (yeah don’t shoot me, but had 4 days straight of some sort of gumbo) He mentioned you use to know everyone on your block, but after Katrina it all changed. People are there a few years, move on, and now they barely knew their neighbours anymore. Which he said it kinda made him sad to see happen and these new structures seems to be helping kill the city he once knew so well.