Thinking of buying a switch controller.

gamer.tv

I understand the hesitation regarding the price of the pro controller, but I wouldn’t bother with the cheaper options. The Pro is an excellent controller. I think it was @Joethat had a thread a while ago about trying a cheaper option and ended up going with the pro eventually. 

2 hours ago, Bacon said:

The pro controller is good. Just get that. You won't be disappointed. 

49 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Just get the official controller from Nintendo. 

33 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I personally find the pro controller to be the best controller out. Better than Xbox. 

All That What GIF by chelsiekenyon

1 hour ago, Paperclyp said:

It ironically has the worst Dpad of the big 3 controllers. 

I'd put it above the Xbone controller. I can't recommend that controller at all for a D-pad. I used it to clear Celeste and by the end my up button was so jank it would register up+left/right like 20% of the time. It makes me cautious to put the Series controller through its paces.

1 hour ago, BlueAngel said:

My Series X controller is awesome, d-pad is great.

Viewpoints are gonna vary. Watching the controller input on something like SFV or Tekken 7 while using either shows them to be inaccurate. My PS5 controller is spot on and matched only by my fight stick. Could be my controllers 

6 hours ago, SimpleG said:

Viewpoints are gonna vary. Watching the controller input on something like SFV or Tekken 7 while using either shows them to be inaccurate. My PS5 controller is spot on and matched only by my fight stick. Could be my controllers 

You're a damn masochist if you're playing a fighting game with a PS5 controller.