SummerSlam 2018

Main show starts at 7 pm EST

I can’t think of a single match I’m even remotely excited for beyond Samoa Joe vs AJ Styles and DB vs Miz :sleep: 

- B-Team vs Revival for Raw TT Championship 

- Shinuske Nakamura vs Jeff Hardy for US Championship

- Baron Corbin vs Finn Balor

- Rusev and Lana vs. Andrade “Cien” Almas and Zelina Vega

- Cedric Alexander vs. Drew Gulak for Cruiserweight Championship

- Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns for WWE Universal Championship

- The Bludgeon Brothers vs. the New Day for Smackdown TT Championship

- Ronda Rousey vs. Alexa Bliss for Raw Women’s Championship

- Braun Strowman vs. Kevin Owens, with Strowman’s Money in the Bank contract on the line

- Carmella vs. Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair for Smackdown Women’s Championship

- AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe for WWE Championship

- Dolph Ziggler vs. Seth Rollins for Intercontinental Championship

- Daniel Bryan vs. the Miz

6 hours ago, Hurdyb1 said:

Brock is no longer the champ!  I think this will open up creative a lot.

Not really. Keeping the belt on Lesnar + Lesnar being on TV less and less was ALL creative/McMahon’s decision in an attempt to get Reigns cheered. Now there’s a champ that the majority dislike; if anything, the fact that creative will have to constantly make Reigns “look strong” leaves them even more stunted than having a missing champion.

5 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Not really. Keeping the belt on Lesnar + Lesnar being on TV less and less was ALL creative/McMahon’s decision in an attempt to get Reigns cheered. Now there’s a champ that the majority dislike; if anything, the fact that creative will have to constantly make Reigns “look strong” leaves them even more stunted than having a missing champion.

I honestly think they have a spade to play with Braun having the money in the bank. If WWE is smart ( I know I know ) if the crowd is not feeling Roman as champ, they can have a new champ anytime they want with Braun wrecking him with a cash in. Even with Braun or anybody else as champ, they will have a present champ that opens up story possibilities  that just wasn't there with Brock only appearing a few times a year. Brock really hamstrung story telling IMO and I didn't care if James Ellsworth became the universal champ, the belt just had to come off of Brock. He gave the belt a much needed status boost but WWE needs the presence of their belt holders.

27 minutes ago, Hurdyb1 said:

I honestly think they have a spade to play with Braun having the money in the bank. If WWE is smart ( I know I know ) if the crowd is not feeling Roman as champ, they can have a new champ anytime they want with Braun wrecking him with a cash in. Even with Braun or anybody else as champ, they will have a present champ that opens up story possibilities  that just wasn't there with Brock only appearing a few times a year. Brock really hamstrung story telling IMO and I didn't care if James Ellsworth became the universal champ, the belt just had to come off of Brock. He gave the belt a much needed status boost but WWE needs the presence of their belt holders.

They used Brock a lot more frequently prior to the "he's never here" storyline. His feud with Samoa Joe was absolutely epic, and also the feud with Braun/Kane when Braun dropped the Titantron on him - don't fall for the nonsense (for most of 2017 Lesnar had an average of 1 match per month with showing up on Raw every 3 weeks on average). With Roman, remember his past two title reigns? HHH feud and Sheamus feud? The entire story and any feud they put him in was "we gotta make him look strong, so the only way Reigns loses is through underhanded/chicken-shit means!". Welcome to round #3.

The Lesnar crap was smoke and mirrors - don't fall for it. Very few had any problems with his "infrequency" prior to WWE using storylines to make a big deal about it and actually cutting his appearances back in an attempt to get Reign's cheered. In fact, on the old board, we all celebrated it as a way to make the belt feel "more special" and "enhance" the IC title.