Final Fantasy XIV: DAWNTRAIL 6/28/24 - Pre-Order March 26th!!! FF16 Crossover event 4/2/24 - 5/8/24

Bacon

• 4 weeks later...
  • Bacon changed the title to The Final Fantasy XIV Thread - 2 week delay :(

It's disappointing that it won't launch before the Thanksgiving extended weekend... well, maybe a mixed blessing. We're not going out of town or anything, but now I don't have an excuse to put off Christmas decorating on 11/26. Two weeks is a really short delay, in any case.

9 hours ago, aett said:

It's disappointing that it won't launch before the Thanksgiving extended weekend... well, maybe a mixed blessing. We're not going out of town or anything, but now I don't have an excuse to put off Christmas decorating on 11/26. Two weeks is a really short delay, in any case.

I normally wouldn't care, but I bought a six month sub to time it with the first Normal Raid patch so I could play the raid, and my sub would then expire s few days down the road. I'm not sure I'll even get a full month of EW on my 6-month sub. That's really the only thing that bothers me. Feel like I just got shorted. 

I always like thealing the most. It's the only job that feels like it has actual control in a battle and makes a difference based on skill. With DPS you're doing 7,000 buttons to do like 20% of a boss' HP bar by the end of the fight, and a tank is just that with less damage but you're not allowed to move. A healer is so much more freeform, I always like it best.

8 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Let me put it another way: Tanks and DPS are just the healer's pets. All the cure spells are just feeding and mending the pet. And if you get bored, you can feed them to the boss instead. They're helpless little worms.

Without a tank you just die. I can solo the highest level dungeon. Healers are the butter passing robot of jobs. Without a healer I'll die eventually(in a raid), but healers die instantly without protection. If it wasn't for failing mechanics and raid wide AoE, healers wouldn't have anything to do but keep up their dot and spam their 1 DPS button. Healers hardly heal. They fix mistakes so everyone else can put in the work. Healers seem to love Warriors as they don't even have to heal them. Healers like that they don't have to do the only thing they have to do. 

Clean it up, healie!

5 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Soloing the highest level dungeon is nothing because dungeons have no value! 

Completionism and Glamour is value and I don't have to compete with three others. Remove that once sentence and everything else still remains true. Healers pay to not play the game. 

On 11/8/2021 at 6:45 AM, Bacon said:

Completionism and Glamour is value and I don't have to compete with three others. Remove that once sentence and everything else still remains true. Healers pay to not play the game. 

You can't be a glamour completionist because your dumb glamour dresser only holds 400 items.

Just now, Xbob42 said:

Pfft, some completionist! I've had a full glamour dresser for years plus several full retainers making my life miserable.

Hey I never said I was a completionist just that tanks enable it. That said, I've "cleaned out" my dresser twice and I will have to again. Main issue is all the 60+ Artifact armor. Might as well called it the Artifact dresser 

On 11/11/2021 at 6:53 PM, Bacon said:

But yeah, all of this 

Some parts really do feel like the are begging the people who left for FF to come back. The video just gives me that feeling of desperation and it makes me laugh. 

They just kind of made Nagrand again and are patting themselves on the back so hard like "WOW IT'S SO ALIEN YOU AIN'T NEVER SEEN SHIT LIKE THIS, BRO YOU CAN WALK ON WATER" which has been a staple spell in the game (and a potion effect) since like... launch. Yeah I get you don't need those for this but it would've been more alien for the zone to be underwater but you still walk around normally or something.

5 minutes ago, Bacon said:

On the other hand/land

458268fb6ac730699eaf8b3c1e2686a2.png

Honestly, this shit is a real pain in the ass to get going. When I posted this thread only Miner was at level 50. Everything else was at 0. 

You in the Firmament? If you're willing to either spend time in Diadem or just buy the mats you can level EXTREMELY fast there. Far, far faster than other methods even combined.

3 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

You in the Firmament? If you're willing to either spend time in Diadem or just buy the mats you can level EXTREMELY fast there. Far, far faster than other methods even combined.

515f215a377108ee02c8541450651f73.png

Yes.

That is how I did it. I am following a guide and I still find it to be a pain. Well, the Diadem was brutal. Going from 10-60 takes like 3 whole lockouts per gatherer. I literally had to play with a controller because there was no way I was gonna grind that shit out while locked in a typing position. Crafting isn't so bad but it is almost as annoying. That is because from levels 43 to 63 you need to craft 55 items per job. 440 crafts in a row. Of course I have a marco but fuck that was awful. Wouldn't make sense with collectability, but fuck I wish I could just Quick Synth.

What really pissed me off was the guide said I'd need to craft HQ gear to have the right amount of stats. That was fine until the gear you need for levels 53/63. The Holy Rainbow shit. There is literally no way to craft HQ gear of that level while wearing level 43 gear. I thought maybe I just sucked since I have been only using macros. You really just can't do it. Instead, I was able made the NQ Holy Rainbow stuff and used materia to get the right stats. However, for the gear you need to make at 63 you can't do that as you need to overmeld CP+ into the gear. SO, I had to make the NQ versions of the "left-side" gear and then I was able to barely make HQ right-side gear(accessories) which then let me make HQ versions of the left-side gear. 

While the guide was helpful to get started, it is total bullshit. The guy claims to have made the guide with the aid of another guide on ffxivgillionair. Well, what that really meant is that the fucker literally just made a video version of the written guide of ffxivgillionair. The guy didn't do any testing and then gave instructions. IN THE VIDEO the "guide" instructs the viewer to craft the HQ. However, that is impossible as I have already said. You wanna know what the ffxivgillionair guide says to do? BUY THE FUCKING GEAR OFF THE MB. This fucker then makes a pinned comment telling you to just sub in materia if you don't meet the stat requirements. That literally only works for the 53 gear. 

It may not seem like a big deal, but I spent 3 hours trying to figure out how the fuck I am supposed to craft the gear I needed at 63. I did so many trial synths, and used website to simulate crafting and I just couldn't figure out how to get the HQ% to at least high enough that I could gamble on it but I couldn't even make it out of the 17% range. The only original idea(as in it was just ripped from another guide) presented by the maker of the video was to craft the gear instead of buying it of the MB and you literally can even. 

• Bacon changed the title to The Final Fantasy XIV Thread - Early Access Begins Dec 3 1AM/4am EST