McGahn Has Cooperated Extensively With Mueller’s Obstruction Inquiry

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

:feelsgood:

Since he's the White House Council, and not the President's personal attorney, he can only really represent the office of the President, and not the man.  Feels good man.  I hope he's told everything to Mueller's team that doesn't violate attorney-client privilege between the white house (as an institution) and himself.  

Because you know, Donald Trump doesn't know or doesn't care about the difference, so it's almost a given that Trump talks to McGahn about all sorts of stuff that is not pertinent to his position as White House Council.  

8 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

:feelsgood:

Since he's the White House Council, and not the President's personal attorney, he can only really represent the office of the President, and not the man.  Feels good man.  I hope he's told everything to Mueller's team that doesn't violate attorney-client privilege between the white house (as an institution) and himself.  

Because you know, Donald Trump doesn't know or doesn't care about the difference, so it's almost a given that Trump talks to McGahn about all sorts of stuff that is not pertinent to his position as White House Council.  

Yeah, I mean the only thing that could fall under attorney client privilege is official government business. So depending how Trump positioned a conversation, even in regards to the Mueller probe, it may not qualify. And even if it does, it does not apply there if WH Counsel is compelled to testify as part of a legislative proceeding. 

4 minutes ago, JosephManderley said:

As an outsider, how much longer do people think this investigation is going to take? Feels like six months ago people were saying that it would come to a head soon?

Dunno, but we are clearly beyond the limit of a single NSA server at this point. 

I feel like Mueller could "go" on what he has so far at any point, but since every week something new gets added to the pile, they may as well keep investigating to add to their list of indictments and witnesses.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, JosephManderley said:

As an outsider, how much longer do people think this investigation is going to take? Feels like six months ago people were saying that it would come to a head soon?

Anyone saying that is insane. These special investigations typically go for what? Three years on average? Yeah, we still have a ways to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If Mueller was allowed to continue, he could probably keep this thing going for 20 years with all of the stuff he is likely uncovering that is tangential to the original investigation. These are people who have gotten away with what they have (in their careers/lives) not because they are intelligent and conniving, but because the rich and powerful tend to be untouchable in the US. That's not to say many would (or will) face actual punishment, but I'd bet that they haven't covered their asses very well due to simple laziness and complacency.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JosephManderley said:

Wow!  I was thinking it would be concluded one way or another fairly soon.  Seems I am going to be waiting a while. 

Is this hurting Trump by dragging on, or have most people lost interest in it at this point? 

It probably is not hurting Trump with his base, but could with all those squishy "undecideds" and "independent" voters that are realizing what a dumpster fire he really is. 

This and many things could be hurting Republican legislators more, which if the "blue wave" is real will hurt Trump.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rodimus said:

I wish I could be in the room when someone explained to Trump that a White House Lawyer is not his personal lawyer but a lawyer for the office of the White House. Responsible for the institution not the individual.

"What?! But I already told him where all the hookers are buried!"

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Looks like the bad guy of Watergate was John Dean. Not quite how I remember that particular part of history

Seems possibly relevant, lol.

“I reached out to my old friend John Dean because of what he went through with Watergate, and I saw some parallels to what Michael Cohen is experiencing. I wanted to gain from John’s wisdom,” Davis told POLITICO.

“I certainly don’t want to raise expectations that Mr. Cohen has anything like the level of deep involvement and detailed knowledge that John Dean had in the Nixon White House as a witness to Nixon’s crimes, but I did see some similarities and wanted to learn from what John went through.”