Joey Jordison Dead at 46

I say this as someone who has played drums for most of my life: I don't like drum solos. My reaction to them is pretty much always "alright, I get it, you're fast, can we get back to the song now, please?"

I think the reason is that the rest of the band tends to go silent during the drum solo, while during a guitar or bass solo, music is still playing. Unless you can figure out an arrangement like this song, which is basically a collection of solos interspersed with an instrumental chorus, but it still comes together magnificently. And they manage to do it without getting all fucky with the time signature, which is another thing I generally don't like.

1 hour ago, DarkStar189 said:

I remember watching the Slipknot Disaterpiece DVD at my friend's house almost 20 years ago. We lost our shit when the drummer did a solo while slowly turning upside down. I'm not sure if this YouTube clip is the exact scene or if he did it multiple times. 

I saw that live, he was doing this during the IOWA tour