Moron uses $30 million of his own money to build border wall, wants government to pay him

WWW.BLOOMBERG.COM

This is just picture perfect. 

The structure is 3 miles long, hugging a severe bend in the river, and consists of roughly 15,000 18-foot-tall gray steel bollards, spaced 5 inches apart and set in a wide concrete foundation.

“If I only did 1,000 or 2,000 feet, everyone’s going to make fun,” he says. “No one can really make fun of this.”

Is that so...

A prototype he built in 2017 was rejected by the Department of Homeland Security, and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers initially denied his bid to compete for the contracts at all. But the cable news exposure helped him draw the attention of We Build the Wall (WBTW), a nonprofit founded by Brian Kolfage, an Iraq War veteran and triple amputee, and co-led by former Trump adviser Steve Bannon. The group, which sought to crowdfund border security, attracted a mix of true believers and attention hounds, among them immigration hawk Kris Kobach, who served as its general counsel, and former baseball player Curt Schilling, who sat on its board. Blocked from erecting Trump’s official wall, Fisher became the in-house builder for the ersatz private version.

LOL

This is the wall, btw:

relates to The Guy Who Spent $30 Million Building Trump’s Wall Is Looking for Buyers

He literally could have built a wall 1/4 the length on the narrow part of his land. This dude is a fucking idiot. 

• Haha 6

I remember this guy because of the Butterfly sanctuary. What a dope.

It's hard to believe that so much time money and effort has been spent debating, planning, and building portions of this stupid border wall that was pretty much just the deranged ramblings of one colossal idiot that people took seriously.

1 hour ago, CayceG said:
WWW.BLOOMBERG.COM

This is just picture perfect. 

Is that so...

LOL

This is the wall, btw:

relates to The Guy Who Spent $30 Million Building Trump’s Wall Is Looking for Buyers

He literally could have built a wall 1/4 the length on the narrow part of his land. This dude is a fucking idiot. 

But then he couldn't use that land!  He shouldn't have to sacrifice a thing!  

LOL is it even feasible to ford the river there.

Reminds me of a section of river where Trump wanted to place wall where it was a dead drop of hundreds of feet between cliffs. Something tells me the enormous cliffs facing each other is enough to keep people from crossing there.

shouldn’t be allowed to privately build a fucking border wall anyway, what a waste of money fuck.

Interesting read in the article how the trend towards immigration of requesting asylum being the greatest surge kind of rendering all this usless.

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

shouldn’t be allowed to privately build a fucking border wall anyway, what a waste of money fuck.

If one of the sides of your property is the border I don't see why you're not entitled to build a wall or a fence along it as though it were any other property line boundary.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

If one of the sides of your property is the border I don't see why you're not entitled to build a wall or a fence along it as though it were any other property line boundary.

Maybe just limit the size of your fence to a mile it so people aren’t doing it purposefully.

Wait, is this actually personal wealth or money he embezzled from the government?

In the last year of Trump’s term, even as federal prosecutors were hovering around WBTW, Fisher Sand & Gravel was awarded $2.5 billion to build 135 miles’ worth of federal wall sections near Yuma and Nogales in Arizona and El Paso and Laredo in Texas

12 hours ago, stepee said:

Interesting read in the article how the trend towards immigration of requesting asylum being the greatest surge kind of rendering all this usless.

I can’t even build a 6ft fence in my backyard without permits and town inspectors. 

• Haha 2