Activision-Blizzard Case Update: Activision's internal investigation pats itself on the back for doing a pretty good job

10 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Social media was a *** mistake ***

I was about to type "yeah fuck yeah 100%" and explain how much crazier it all looks the longer I'm away from it when I realized that I'm not entirely sure whether having a D1P account would be considered social media? 

2021-05-05-ts3_thumbs-a57.jpg
WWW.TECHSPOT.COM

Charlie Intel spotted yesterday that Astro Gaming's logo had disappeared from the Call of Duty League (CDL) website. It was still there as recently as August 11....

Hilarious that the United States Military is using this as some performative signaling considering they have problems with female soldiers raped, killed, and dumped in the desert. 

21 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:
GettyImages-1233534678.jpg
WWW.PINKNEWS.CO.UK

Trans staff at Activision Blizzard are routinely deadnamed, it has been alleged, with one worker reporting that teammates refused to use their pronouns and

This shit is obviously bad in general, i find it especially hateful / distasteful in the games space where everyone has a name like XxXKronykBluntz420XxX that they go by in chat, on stream, etc. Eat shit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: SEC investigating ActivLizzard over sexual misconduct allegations and improper disclosures, Bobby Kotick has been subpoenaed
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: SEC investigating ActivLizzard over sexual misconduct allegations and improper disclosures, Bobby Kotick has been subpoenaed, Chief Legal Officer resigns, settlement negotiations with EEOC
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: ActivLizzard settles sexual harassment/discrimination complaint with EEOC for an $18 million wrist slap
18 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Seems quite low to me. I will continue to not give ATVI any money. 

It's a goddamned wrist slap, if even that.

2400_0309_DIM_CrusaderCinematic_Male_JE_
VENTUREBEAT.COM

Activision Blizzard has settled one of its outstanding civil suits regarding its discrimination and harassment of employees.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: ActivLizzard settles sexual harassment/discrimination complaint with EEOC for an $18 million wrist slap (and doesn't actually admit to any wrongdoing)

California files objection to recent Activision Blizzard settlement, says will cause "irreparable harm" to its legal proceedings (Eurogamer)

California's Department of Fair Employment and Housing has filed an objection to a recent settlement between Activision Blizzard and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, claiming it would cause "irreparable harm" to its ongoing legal proceedings.

In documents shared by Axios' Stephen Totilo, the DFEH says the EEOC settlement would cause "irreparable harm" to its own lawsuit if approved by the court, given that its terms would, among other things, require employees to release Activision Blizzard from claims under California state law.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: State of California files objection to settlement between ActivLizzard and EEOC, claims it will cause "irreparable harm" to its own legal proceedings
  • 2 weeks later...