Ubisoft announces "Tom Clancy's XDefiant: A Ubisoft Original" - F2P arena FPS (Update: Delayed)

2 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

If the posted videos are representative of the gameplay, then that's an accurate description.

I hate that I'm even saying this... but... if it's an arena shooter like CoD but effectively NOT CoD...............

I'll probably play it.

Homer Simpson Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

24 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

So it's Call of Duty but in the Clancyverse....

21 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

If the posted videos are representative of the gameplay, then that's an accurate description.

9 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Imagine the division but mixed with rainbow six siege. Brand new idea!

I don’t know why Ubisoft is acting like they have to copy trends set by any other company or they’re not making any money. And there was a time when something being a Ubisoft game was more than just having an overly icon crowded open world map. I don’t remember ever getting the impression they were bordering on failing as a company/publisher. 

Welcome to the party! Tom Clancy’s XDefiant is a free-to-play, fast-paced arena shooter that combines intense gunplay with personalized loadouts and specialized factions, as teams of gunfighters – called Defiants – battle for domination. Register now for a chance to play early: https://ubi.li/A3gfh

The first test starts on August 5 for PC players in the US and Canada.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Ubisoft announces "XDefiant" - F2P arena FPS, PC beta test begins on August 5
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Ubisoft announces "Tom Clancy's XDefiant: A Ubisoft Original" - F2P arena FPS, PC beta test begins on August 5
Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

It will be twice as good as Apex!

Sigh... 

I was really hoping for 16-player matches like we used to have back in the day. This just screams another "hero shooter" where there will be one or two over-powered classes that everyone uses and the rest is pointless.