Valve drops a Tim Epic-approved steamer!

Hurricane Game

18 minutes ago, stepee said:

Mine says q1 2022 for the 512gb version.

Reserved on Fri, July 16, 2021 

Your expected order availability: Q1 2022 

I think the key word is "Your", since you already locked in the reservation, it still says Q1. If you didn't, it says Q2 now.

1 minute ago, Amazatron said:

I think the key word is "Your", since you already locked in the reservation, it still says Q1. If you didn't, it says Q2 now.

ya I haven’t checked the main site, was just posting what mine shows after order

30 minutes ago, stepee said:

Mine says q1 2022 for the 512gb version.

Reserved on Fri, July 16, 2021 

Your expected order availability: Q1 2022 

Same but when I log out it does say Q2 2022. Man I was hoping for December. Give me a Xmas miracle!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Same but when I log out it does say Q2 2022. Man I was hoping for December. Give me a Xmas miracle!

I wanted to sell my phone I’m using with the backbone but idk if I want to be without a dedicated streamer now until like Feb or whatever. I think I still might and just use my main phone until then so hope it’s Dec.

Also, I have no idea why retailers don’t let people get in line this way for all these sorts of things. Just send it out once my number comes up in the line. I think that would get rid of a LOT of the frustration around purchasing gaming hardware.

1 minute ago, stepee said:

@ManUtdRedDevils i think the reality where switch pro was fake and this is real is actually a win!

Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

If I had to choose though, I would pick this over the Pro. Steam library, emulation (Yuzu please), Game Pass, and windows. I am really interested in what people do with this device. 

• Like 1

So just based on this thread a lot of our usual PC people are buying this but I'm watching the Digital Foundry video at the moment and I'm concerned about performance. It looks like this is weaker than an Xbox Series S. What kind of performance do you guys expect to get out of this thing @Mr.Vic20 @stepee? From the videos a lot of the games seems to be running at 30fps. You guys think this thing can put out AAA games at a good 60fps?

29 minutes ago, The def star said:

So just based on this thread a lot of our usual PC people are buying this but I'm watching the Digital Foundry video at the moment and I'm concerned about performance. It looks like this is weaker than an Xbox Series S. What kind of performance do you guys expect to get out of this thing @Mr.Vic20 @stepee? From the videos a lot of the games seems to be running at 30fps. You guys think this thing can put out AAA games at a good 60fps?

Well a 800p maximum resolution should put it in the same ballpark depending on the game. Of course if it’s running at 720p on s then expect maybe doing a 600p resolution. 

Probably can do AAA last gen games at 60fps for some of them, but I wouldn’t go into this expecting more than 720p/30 on current gen games.

But that is a hell of an accomplishment still this early in the gen. And this will be with console settings, not super toned down switch ports. 

30 minutes ago, The def star said:

I'm not Vic, or Stepee, but at 720p, it'll be fine. Sure, it's limited to 60hz instead of 120hz for the Series S, but I think broadly speaking, it'll be fine. Besides, 1080p, which is what the Series S is more marketed towards, is 2.25x the resolution of 720p. Should be about right for a 2 TFLOP next-gen APU.