Jump to content

2/3 of GOP voters in South say region should secede from USA


Recommended Posts

Were the south to secede, it would become the world's third largest nuclear power. 

 

Kings Bay, Georgia is host to 6 of our ballistic missile submarines, each with 24 missiles. Total, this base hosts around 1,300 warheads and another 150 nuclear cruise missiles. 

Barksdale Air Force base, Louisiana is host to four squadrons of B-52s. Barksdale has approximately 940 warheads. 

Both of those locations have active nuclear weapons stockpiles.

Oak Ridge, TN can produce uranium. 

The Pantex plant in Amarillo, TX can assemble warheads. More than half of our arsenal that is waiting to be dismantled is located here. That's somewhere north of 1,000. 

The Savannah River Site in South Carolina can produce plutonium. 

 

 

This is not something we want. 

 

 

 

Warhead source numbers from here. The numbers are from 2011 and so through New START, I would imagine that these numbers now are about half of what they were when these numbers were published. 

 

 

EDIT: Up to date numbers as of this year. Not broken down by base, but seeing as we have only one other B-52 base, one other submarine base, and , Pantex hasn't moved, I'd say the Southern US would still be the world's third largest nuclear power. Greater than China. 

  • Shocked 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

This new southern states country will be great for the minorities who live there and had no choice or voice in the matter

 

One year grace period where anyone on one side can move to the other, all costs covered.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The numbers wanting secession in the other regions aren't dramatically lower overall with about 1/3 in any of the other regions feeling similarly.  And it's not like all of those non-Southern states will remain intact either - you can be assured that Virginia will split between NoVA and the rest, California will certainly break apart, etc.

 

The concept of a "United States of America" as a political entity very much has an expiration date.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The numbers wanting secession in the other regions aren't dramatically lower overall with about 1/3 in any of the other regions feeling similarly.  And it's not like all of those non-Southern states will remain intact either - you can be assured that Virginia will split between NoVA and the rest, California will certainly break apart, etc.

 

The concept of a "United States of America" as a political entity very much has an expiration date.

Western VA will join wva, but the urban crescent and Charlottesville will join Nova

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Were the south to secede, it would become the world's third largest nuclear power. 

 

Kings Bay, Georgia is host to 6 of our ballistic missile submarines, each with 24 missiles. Total, this base hosts around 1,300 warheads and another 150 nuclear cruise missiles. 

Barksdale Air Force base, Louisiana is host to four squadrons of B-52s. Barksdale has approximately 940 warheads. 

Both of those locations have active nuclear weapons stockpiles.

Oak Ridge, TN can produce uranium. 

The Pantex plant in Amarillo, TX can assemble warheads. More than half of our arsenal that is waiting to be dismantled is located here. That's somewhere north of 1,000. 

The Savannah River Site in South Carolina can produce plutonium. 

 

 

This is not something we want. 

 

 

 

Warhead source numbers from here. The numbers are from 2011 and so through New START, I would imagine that these numbers now are about half of what they were when these numbers were published. 

 

 

EDIT: Up to date numbers as of this year. Not broken down by base, but seeing as we have only one other B-52 base, one other submarine base, and , Pantex hasn't moved, I'd say the Southern US would still be the world's third largest nuclear power. Greater than China. 

 

So what I'm hearing is glass the south immediately after secession. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well if they leave the USA. Just think what IS left of the USA are better education numbers, no paying for most hurricanes anymore, NO MORE FLORIDA but finally pick up Puerto Rico as a state. Sure they are south, but will get a special exemption 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CayceG said:

Were the south to secede, it would become the world's third largest nuclear power. 

 

Kings Bay, Georgia is host to 6 of our ballistic missile submarines, each with 24 missiles. Total, this base hosts around 1,300 warheads and another 150 nuclear cruise missiles. 

Barksdale Air Force base, Louisiana is host to four squadrons of B-52s. Barksdale has approximately 940 warheads. 

Both of those locations have active nuclear weapons stockpiles.

Oak Ridge, TN can produce uranium. 

The Pantex plant in Amarillo, TX can assemble warheads. More than half of our arsenal that is waiting to be dismantled is located here. That's somewhere north of 1,000. 

The Savannah River Site in South Carolina can produce plutonium. 

 

 

This is not something we want. 

 

 

 

Warhead source numbers from here. The numbers are from 2011 and so through New START, I would imagine that these numbers now are about half of what they were when these numbers were published. 

 

 

EDIT: Up to date numbers as of this year. Not broken down by base, but seeing as we have only one other B-52 base, one other submarine base, and , Pantex hasn't moved, I'd say the Southern US would still be the world's third largest nuclear power. Greater than China. 

 

How do you have all that memorized?! Great post though, thank you for the nightmares.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

American fascists troll pollsters. Quit giving the polling nerds who can't give up sensational headlines the clicks they want. 


If it was just trolling, why the huge increase since January?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know if it's *just* trolling but there's enough to roll my eyes any time I see a poll question designed to evoke a sensational partisan reaction. Same as when reporters kept irresponsibly leading trump on looking for the soundbyte of the day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, stepee said:

 

How do you have all that memorized?! Great post though, thank you for the nightmares.

 

Not exactly, but kinda. I just know where to look detailed stuff up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The difference being southern states aren’t as homogenous as before. Georgia and Virginia just voted blue. North Carolina is competitive. Texas is changing. Florida is a melting pot.

 

The last time they seceded, Republicans weren’t even on the ballot as far as I know. Some of them voted 90+% Democratic when they were a Conservative party.

 

I’d sooner expect a place like Idaho to secede than the current south.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

 

One year grace period where anyone on one side can move to the other, all costs covered.

The biggest problem with that is the poor are often stuck wherever they are, or they would have moved years ago. I'm not even poor, but leaving Texas wouldn't be that easy for me, as long as there was no other job lined up for me somewhere else. I can't even fathom how bad it would be for people who are basically stuck in their specific living conditions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

The difference being southern states aren’t as homogenous as before. Georgia and Virginia just voted blue. North Carolina is competitive. Texas is changing. Florida is a melting pot.

 

The last time they seceded, Republicans weren’t even on the ballot as far as I know. Some of them voted 90+% Democratic when they were a Conservative party.

 

I’d sooner expect a place like Idaho to secede than the current south.

They'd try to bring eastern Washington with them. It would be a white supremacist/militia (tomato/tomato) paradise. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, CayceG said:

Were the south to secede, it would become the world's third largest nuclear power. 

 

Kings Bay, Georgia is host to 6 of our ballistic missile submarines, each with 24 missiles. Total, this base hosts around 1,300 warheads and another 150 nuclear cruise missiles. 

Barksdale Air Force base, Louisiana is host to four squadrons of B-52s. Barksdale has approximately 940 warheads. 

Both of those locations have active nuclear weapons stockpiles.

Oak Ridge, TN can produce uranium. 

The Pantex plant in Amarillo, TX can assemble warheads. More than half of our arsenal that is waiting to be dismantled is located here. That's somewhere north of 1,000. 

The Savannah River Site in South Carolina can produce plutonium. 

 

 

This is not something we want. 

 

 

 

Warhead source numbers from here. The numbers are from 2011 and so through New START, I would imagine that these numbers now are about half of what they were when these numbers were published. 

 

 

EDIT: Up to date numbers as of this year. Not broken down by base, but seeing as we have only one other B-52 base, one other submarine base, and , Pantex hasn't moved, I'd say the Southern US would still be the world's third largest nuclear power. Greater than China. 


So, we rid ourselves of most of the rednecks, and increase our chances of nuclear annihilation? That’s a fucking win-win if I ever heard one bro 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't ever believe that more than a very small portion of people actually think seceding is a real or plausible idea. As mentioned in that followup tweet, it's got to be almost all signaling.

 

On the other hand, I think changing States up a bit could work out just fine. Breaking some up, combining others. I don't expect that to happen either, but it seems at least remotely plausible. I also think it would be a good thing for us to re-consider some of the "foundations" of this country. It's one of the reasons I'm rooting for D.C./PR statehood. Maybe some of the lines drawn 150 years ago don't make as much sense anymore. Maybe we can increase the size of the House again. Maybe the structure of the Senate could be re-examined.

 

Then again, it's probably foolish of me to expect that any real changes would be for the better. The Democrats would probably try and compromise and accomplish nothing while the GOP creates the states of middle Dakota and Western Wyoming and Newer New Mexico to ensure a Senate majority.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:


So, we rid ourselves of most of the rednecks, and increase our chances of nuclear annihilation? That’s a fucking win-win if I ever heard one bro 


Normal post lol.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...