Spider-Man: No Way Home Trailer and Discussion Thread

23 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

So open spoilers in this thread then? Cool beans. 

17 minutes ago, johnny said:

i just don’t think it makes sense that once a movie is released all the people who have seen it have to discuss it with spoiler tags 

it makes sense for a netflix show where not everybody watches the episode at the same time. 

Typically we've given it a week or so. Admittedly not consistently. 

A lot of people who haven’t had the chance to see the movie yet like to read our reactions beforehand. So we should keep it spoiler free. I typically don’t give a shit about but I’m glad I went into this movie ready to be surprised. It was a lot of fun in the moment.

And I should say that anything I posted can be seen in the trailers. Hopefully nobody thinks it’s a spoiler than Sandman is in this.

3 hours ago, Reputator said:

Did someone delete their post? I don't see any open spoilers in any of the posts so far.

I’ve been actively avoiding all trailers and casting news/rumors because I don’t want to know anything, but I want to know what y’all think of it, so I’m jumping into page 5 of this thread. 

26 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I’ve been actively avoiding all trailers and casting news/rumors because I don’t want to know anything, but I want to know what y’all think of it, so I’m jumping into page 5 of this thread. 

Yeah I'm sorry but mentioning things that appear in the VERY FIRST TRAILER is and should be fair game. If you want to go into a movie completely blind, why are you trying to read people's discussions about it?

5 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Yeah I'm sorry but mentioning things that appear in the VERY FIRST TRAILER is and should be fair game. If you want to go into a movie completely blind, why are you trying to read people's discussions about it?

No idea. I’m not the one who complained. :p 

• Pikachu changed the title to Spider-Man: No Way Home Trailer and Discussion Thread
Spoiler

Andrew Garfield redemption arc was my favorite part of the movie followed by the fight choreography. I think Jon Watts took some lessons from the Russo brothers on how to do action. I wanted a better look at the front of the new suit at the end, but the colors are really nice. Can't wait to see the Venom in the next movie and hopefully done the right way.

4 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

What are you talking about?

Hide contents

There were literally posts not spoilered talking about the appearance of the other Spideys.

They were shown in the second trailer, but also literally every headline and news article before the release of the movie.

I'm more impressed how someone even knows about this movie and got this far WITHOUT knowing about the other Spideys. That...seems impossible. 

4 minutes ago, Reputator said:

They were shown in the second trailer, but also literally every headline and news article about the movie.

I'm more impressed how someone even knows about this movie and got this far WITHOUT knowing about the other Spideys. That...seems impossible. 

Uh, I just double checked the second trailer. Nope. The entire time, they were playing coy about that fact.

20 hours ago, Pikachu said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I'm not sure Venom will be in the next movie.  At least maybe not the Hardy Venom.  He left behind some goo - then got zapped back to his world.  My guess would be that the goo finds spiderman and we get a black suit spiderman movie.  If this movie is 2-3 years out it could mesh well with the intro of the F4 into the MCU.  In the original story spiderman gets a lot of help from Reed Richards in diagnosing what the black suit is and what it was doing to him.

15 minutes ago, Reputator said:

They were shown in the second trailer, but also literally every headline and news article before the release of the movie.

They for sure were not shown in the second official trailer. Andrew Garfield was in interviews saying he wasn't even in in the movie as recently as 2 weeks ago, so I think you're overstating the extent to which it was officially out there.

9 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Uh, I just double checked the second trailer. Nope. The entire time, they were playing coy about that fact.

2 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

They for sure were not shown in the second official trailer. Andrew Garfield was in interviews saying he wasn't even in in the movie as recently as 2 weeks ago, so I think you're overstating the extent to which it was officially out there.

Fair enough, I just rewatched it myself and the appearances of the others isn't there, but at the time we couldn't tell that, and I remember the discussions about the trailer at the time were with assumptions they were being shown, and who was who.

Again, you would have had to avoid all those trailer discussions to not have any idea this was happening.

It just baffles my mind this is new to ANYONE.

2 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Fair enough, I just rewatched it myself and the appearances of the others isn't there, but at the time we couldn't tell that, and I remember the discussions about the trailer at the time were with assumptions they were being shown, and who was who.

Again, you would have had to avoid all those trailer discussions to not have any idea this was happening.

It just baffles my mind this is new to ANYONE.

Not everyone goes searching for spoilers. Many of us just watch the trailers and leave it at that. I don't think it's too much to ask that blatant spoilers be kept under tags for at the very least the first weekend.

I thought the 

Spoiler

Other Spider-Men would be in the movie but I literally saw nothing but the first trailer. I just figured it’d be cool and something Marvel would do.

Watched it today not knowing anything past Peter wanting everyone to forget he’s Spider-Man and getting help from Strange.

You really can go far without spoilers if you try and with a bit of luck since some people on social media can be jerks.

Just some shit. If ya haven't seen the movie don't click. 

Spoiler

Movie felt like a treat or maybe a reward for everyone who has seen all of the spiderman movies

I actually knew a good amount of the movie going into it. But I was totally caught off-guard when May bit it. I see now why so many people call this an origin story for the MCU spider man.

I didn't know that everyone was going to get saved. It makes me wonder how those universes will change. Of course, I think of it as another branch. Not that the previous movies are now totally altered.

Saw some complaints that some of the villains were just there, but it all felt handled pretty well. Maybe Lizard was meh, but the rest were fine. 

Doc Ock having a hero moment was pretty good. 

Does suck well never see what happens next now that the villains are "saved". 

Toby's Uncle Ben retelling was really great. 

The way Andrew saved MJ was a chef's kiss. It didn't even linger. It was like a prefect self redemption. 

Fuck yeah magic Ned. It need to be expanded on. Ned is great. 

Can't wait for the next Strange movie. The magic is always interesting. 

This movie is up there with Iron Man, GOTG, and Infinity War. 

Just saw this. Definitely one of the best Marvel/Superhero movies to date. I legit got choked up at two parts of the movie and the brilliance of this script from a producer standpoint can't be understated. Sony can literally go in any or all directions they want to with the character now. Just so smart. I have a couple of minor nitpicks, but they are EXTREMELY minor. Such a fun, well-made movie. 

• Thanks 1

I was almost ready to see this tonight, but shows sold out with limited capacity in Ontario. After today’s listings, the website has no their show times for any theatres around me. I think theatres are closing down in Ontario, at least for Cineplex. Can’t sell food and can’t sneak it in either as ushers are monitoring all shows apparently 

15 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So where is that character from? I'm not familiar.

Spoiler

It looks like she first appeared in the comics in 2016

Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_4_17.jpg

And looks like she's on the Spider-Man show that's on Disney XD.

I first saw her in MPQ and thought she was cool but also wondered "Why now?" and she was in the game even before regular electro. This is also why I asked the question about Big Wheel earlier. :p