Spider-Man: No Way Home Trailer and Discussion Thread

8 minutes ago, Brick said:

I feel like they'd save him for whenever they bring in Miles. Hopefully it's not just a retread of what we saw with those two in Spiderverse; I already kind of feel that this movie is just chasing those Spiderverse feels but now live action, even if I'm excited to see Tobey suit up again. 

Possibly, but I'd love to see him introduced with Peter first and then have to face Miles later. I'm running under the assumption that Miles doesn't show up until Tom Holland's tenure as Spider-Man comes to an end. He's still a college student in the movies, so it doesn't quite feel right to retire his Peter just yet.

I worry that this movie is going to be a mess, but I also wonder if it'll give somewhat of a wrap-up to Peter Parker within the MCU, given that this is ostensibly his last solo MCU movie (I remember reading that Holland is still under contract for one more mashup movie after this, but I can't find anything on it now)

However, Marvel is making an animated prequel series for Disney+ called "Spider-Man: Freshman Year" which does fit into the MCU. The reason they can get away with that is I guess Sony's rights over Spidey don't cover animated shows that have run lengths less than 45 minutes or whatever. There are some reports I've seen that Marvel is planning more Spider-Man movies, which should be taken with a grain of salt, but given that Tom Holland, when asked about his future in the MCU, has basically been saying "I don't have a contract, but I can't say more without ruining the movie," there might be some truth to it.

I saw someone post that maybe Sony and Marvel are splitting Spidey into their own universes, so Tom Holland's version would stay in the MCU, while Sony's would be another one. Honestly, though, if we have an animated Spider-Man MCU series, MCU Spider-Man movies, Into the Spider-Verse 2 (which is happening), Sony Spider-Man movies, AAAAND Sony's Sinister Six universe (which they're building with Venom, Morbius, Kraven the Hunter, and Nightwatch)...

... that's just too much Spider-Man. We don't need a new Spider-Man movie/TV show every 6 months.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yes but when has Sony ever passed on rebooting Spider-Man for its own sake?

That's not reaaaally what they do. They have to release a new Spider-Man movie no less than once every 5.75 years or else the rights revert to Marvel. That's the only reason they even made the Garfield ones (the first one came out like 5 months before they would have lost the Spidey film rights)

11 minutes ago, Komusha said:

I'm a sucker for Spider-Man 2 nostalgia so seeing Dock Ock return put a big grin on my face. Though I could have done without the snickering at his name.

yeah that was odd. his names not even that weird. and the mcu has a lot of weird shit. 

6 hours ago, Komusha said:

I'm a sucker for Spider-Man 2 nostalgia so seeing Dock Ock return put a big grin on my face. Though I could have done without the snickering at his name.

I assumed this was a Spider-Man 2 callback to JJJ lampshading “a guy named Otto Octavius winds up with 8 limbs.”

On 11/16/2021 at 9:17 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

Scooby-Doo this crap!

23 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

What the freakin' hell was that reference even supposed to mean?!?

My guess is it's a reference to this.  

Similar plot, & both Dr Strange  and Vincent Van Goul are based upon Vincent Price.

I wouldn't be surprised if, knowing Parker's love of old pop culture, Peter says something along the lines of 'can't we do something like that old Scooby Doo show' which Strange quips back with the let's scooby doo this crap line.

• 3 weeks later...

Well THIS is certainly interesting...

No-Way-Home-Spider-Man-Header.jpg
WWW.CBR.COM

The press screenings for Spider-Man: No Way Home will reportedly only feature a small portion of the two-hour-plus film.

Out of a 2 1/2 hour film, only 40 minutes will be shown for press screenings going into the junket. Not until the actual premiere will the FULL film finally be shown for the first time.

I really do hope that Marvel/Disney don't ruin the surprise if Tobey and Andrew are really in the movie on their social media. They've gotten pretty bad at spoiling cool things after a few weeks with a post like, "wasn't this part/character fun?", when not everyone has seen the movie yet. They did it with

Spoiler

Trevor in Shang-Chi, and even though I suspected he might show up, it sucked to have that ruined for me before I saw the movie, 

so even though we all pretty much know that Tobey and Andrew are in the movie at this point, I still want it to to be a nice reveal if they're not putting them in the trailers.

• True 1

On 12/4/2021 at 5:06 AM, SoberChef said:

Well THIS is certainly interesting...

No-Way-Home-Spider-Man-Header.jpg
WWW.CBR.COM

The press screenings for Spider-Man: No Way Home will reportedly only feature a small portion of the two-hour-plus film.

Out of a 2 1/2 hour film, only 40 minutes will be shown for press screenings going into the junket. Not until the actual premiere will the FULL film finally be shown for the first time.

This seems true because Seth Myers had Tom on his show Thursday and mentioned the offer to see the press screening of the film. Which he said he was all for until they told him it was for only 40min of film. Said he didn’t want get blue balls seeing just that and would wait to buy a ticket to see it in full