What’s going well for you right now?

Rachel

Not a whole lot for me. Everything's fine, I suppose. My life feels like it's in a holding pattern while I get ready to go somewhere else. Until then, the days seem to just kind of blur together. Also the season finale of Loki sucked, so that bummed me out.

I did go down an internet rabbit hole because I talked to someone about monkeys and somehow the Gibraltar Macaques got brought up because they're the only monkey species native to Europe. Then that led me to wonder if they were apes or monkeys, because I always assumed that tails=monkeys, no tails=apes, but Barbary Macaques are monkeys and don't have tails, so I thought "wouldn't that make them just small apes?" but no! Some monkeys also don't have tails. Turns out there really isn't much distinction between monkeys and apes except for cognitive function, however, I DID learn that a clear biological difference is that monkeys don't have appendices, while apes do have them. And while looking all that shit up I learned that bats were actually considered primates until fairly recently, and they aren't rodents, either. They're Chiroptera, which is their own order of mammal, and they are actually more closely related to primates than rodents.

Internet rabbit holes that end with me learning something I didn't know and take me in a direction I didn't expect to go in make me happy.

So yeah. Not much to go on, but there it is.

HBU?

• Upvote 1

Boring to say but work. It looks hopeful that I’ve passed my year long probation and it’s nearly the summer holidays - which will be great to get refreshed and do some professional reading to prep for next September.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Not a whole lot for me. Everything's fine, I suppose. My life feels like it's in a holding pattern while I get ready to go somewhere else. Until then, the days seem to just kind of blur together. Also the season finale of Loki sucked, so that bummed me out.

I did go down an internet rabbit hole because I talked to someone about monkeys and somehow the Gibraltar Macaques got brought up because they're the only monkey species native to Europe. Then that led me to wonder if they were apes or monkeys, because I always assumed that tails=monkeys, no tails=apes, but Barbary Macaques are monkeys and don't have tails, so I thought "wouldn't that make them just small apes?" but no! Some monkeys also don't have tails. Turns out there really isn't much distinction between monkeys and apes except for cognitive function, however, I DID learn that a clear biological difference is that monkeys don't have appendices, while apes do have them. And while looking all that shit up I learned that bats were actually considered primates until fairly recently, and they aren't rodents, either. They're Chiroptera, which is their own order of mammal, and they are actually more closely related to primates than rodents.

Internet rabbit holes that end with me learning something I didn't know and take me in a direction I didn't expect to go in make me happy.

So yeah. Not much to go on, but there it is.

HBU?

That’s awesome! Learning and getting sucked into internet rabbit holes can be fun. I’m glad it made you happy. Like I said, nothing is too small.

How bout me? What’s going well for me is that I’m home in Canada, I’m strong as fuck. I’m a survivor, I’m blessed with people who care about me and I’m working hard every day for mental health recovery, and I’m already seeing progress. Still got a long road ahead of me but I’m on the path. 

4 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

Boring to say but work. It looks hopeful that I’ve passed my year long probation and it’s nearly the summer holidays - which will be great to get refreshed and do some professional reading to prep for next September.

That’s awesome! Congratulations. 

It’s mid July though, summer break hasn’t started yet over there?! 

36 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Hope you're doing ok. I've been struggling lately but what else is new.

I’m doing okay. Depends on the day or sometimes on the hour. I’m struggling *and* I’m doing okay. It’s getting better overall. Sorry to hear you’re struggling. You are strong. Give Elton a kiss for me and I’ll give waff one for you. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I’m still not working but I have a new puppy Fozzy Bear that is a joy (and a pain) to watch grow daily, play with my older dog Buddy and watching him howl along with fire truck sirens. Although he needs to stop being so bitty with ankles, toes, fingers, nose and seriously considering wearing a cup when playing on the floor with him. He’s gotten the boys twice already with his teeth, and just tonight with a puppy zoomie mule kick to them. Plus last week I got my 2nd Covid shot a full 2.5 months sooner of my initial scheduled date