Little Mermaid first image

• 1 year later...
37 minutes ago, silentbob said:

We have a teaser for Disney’s (and as most racist/Fox News, and republicans will be calling it tomorrow and going forward) The Woke Little Mermaid 

Disney is certainly paying their moderators well, because they're managing to keep the comments their YouTube comments fairly clean. I was expecting it to be a cesspool.

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I’d argue Beauty and the Beast was the best, and by a lot. All of the others have been down right bad to maybe passable, IMO. I haven’t watched pinocchio yet, though (hopes aren’t high)

I haven't either, but...

On 9/10/2022 at 3:49 AM, Spork3245 said:

I’d argue Beauty and the Beast was the best, and by a lot. All of the others have been down right bad to maybe passable, IMO. I haven’t watched pinocchio yet, though (hopes aren’t high)

Kenneth Branaugh's Cinderella and Jon Favreau's The Jungle Book were both pretty good I thought. But after those two and Beauty and the Beast the rest are meh or bad. There were parts of Aladdin that I liked, so that'd probably be number 4 on my list.

Am I the only one that enjoyed Lady and the Tramp? Sure, it wasn't great, but it felt like a pretty fun combination of the original movie and those fun animal adventure films we got in the 80s and 90s. I always loved those movies as a kid and they don't really make them anymore, so I did appreciate what they were going for with the remake.

I will say, the biggest miss for me was Mulan. I adore the idea of Mulan as a Wuxia musical...except we didn't get any music and the director had absolutely zero experience with the genre. It just fell wildly short of my expectations. Not saying it was a bad movie. It was really well made. It just had the opportunity to be so much more. It's not often a Wuxia film gets the chance to hit the screen with a Disney budget.

• True 1

7 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Live-action Sword in the Stone, but really it's just a The Once and Future King adaptation.

No Sword in the Stone, but we are getting Robin Hood. I have no idea if it'll be any good, but based on the effects for Honest John, it'll at least be amazing on a technical level.

19 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

A live-action version of The Black Cauldron.

DO IT, DISNEY!  DON'T WIMP OUT!

Oh dear god I’m so down for this but please anyone but Disney make it. I want an adaption of the actual books. Not whatever the hell Disney selectively pulled out for that movie haha