Rumor: New Super Mario Bros. U Coming to Nintendo Switch, As Early As This Year

SaysWho?

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/08/16/new-super-mario-bros-nintendo-switch/

Multiple tips we have received for this article indicate that the supposed reissue of New Super Mario Bros. U will include the New Super Luigi U add-on. 

Initial rumblings about a possible port of the game date back to early this year before E3 2018. Sources connected to Nintendo of Europe, who have provided accurate information in the past on games like Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, began to suggest that a port of NSMBU was in the works. Throughout the year, we have been following up on these rumours with other tipsters linked with Nintendo who have corroborated these suggestions.

It is currently unclear when exactly Nintendo intends to release this rumored ‘Deluxe’ edition, but some sources have indicated that it could drop as early as this year.

6 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Putting aside my opinion that NSMBU is really, really good...

Are we really saying that Mario Teaches Typing would be a better port? REEAAALLLYYY? :p 

*googles Mario Teaches Typing*

Yes I would. Intro music is catchy. 

• Guillotine 1

1 minute ago, Bjomesphat said:

Any normal company would do a NSMB collection with all of the games, but Nintendo will charge $60 for a single 6 year old game. Sure it's a great game, but it would have to be really cheap for me to revisit on the Switch.

You made me really really want this. :( 

I’ll probablt buy this since I never got around to New Super Luigi U at least, and these work much better as portable games imo. But damnit, yes, it really shouldn’t be too much to ask to just put the four of them together in a NSMB All-Stars. I feel like that package and branding would add more additional sales than they’ll get for selling the others through vc or whatever branding down the line separately.

The fact that All-Stars existed does indeed make me sad because it will never happen again. What I’d love more than anything is Super Mario 3D All-Stars. Included Mario 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, Galaxy 2, 3D World. That covers all the previous gen 3D console Mario games and isn’t any more games than the Allstars + World cart they used to also have. Never will happen, but man I’d love that all in one menu and one application.

Nintendo should sprinkle Wii U ports through out the years until they got them all. Like the HD Zelda releases and all the Mario games. Also Pikman 3 would be great to just release all three as a triolgy. If the sales do well make a new one. I really want all the Wii U games to not be stuck on the Wii U and since the audience is so much larger the games get a chance to reach a bigger audience

Also Hell Yeah do the same for the Wii Games like the Metroid Prime Trilogy before Metroid Prime.